Crush depth

• Old fat men have no business at playing a young man’s game. You’ll get there too.

One day you too will no longer jump over the side of your 3/4 ton pickup.

I can still jump off of mine, as long as I'm not as I'm not wearing the steel toe work boots, those really fucking hurt

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

Edited once, last by Beej ().

• I doubt they'll ever find any trace of them. Look how long the Titanic stayed hidden - it took a superhuman effort to find it, and everyone knew where it went down, and it was a massive metal object.

I'm guessing that thing had a hull failure and everyone died instantly, and down they sank the Davey Jones' locker. If I had to put money down, it would be on Chinese metallurgy (somewhere in the mix), but that's a guess.

I laughed when they dispatched three tug boats from Newfoundland - lol what is there to tug ? They're just going through the motions to say they did something.

Meanwhile, I'm not gonna be eating any North Atlantic Crustaceans for a while know what am sayin' ?

• Toad said the first thing I brought up when talking with my pops about this - why the hell don't they have an inexpensive ELT/noise maker that can easily be detected by passive sonar/search systems? For all the $ put into this mini sub, how the hell did they omit that? The thing already was "lost" once before, when they had a similar comms failure, and just floated around on the surface until someone found them after hitting the eject button - - aside from the large platform they are attached to when making the descent, once free of that and able to maneuver with thrusters, it has a sled of ballast which they can release and they'll rocket to the surface due to the positive buoyance that little sub has.

Also, why don't they have at LEAST one other identical unit on standby in case they get fouled at that depth, and stuck on some debris/whatever. Another thing that's obviously missing, is some sort of controllable arm with a cutting torch/cutting shears/grips/etc, in order to have some sort of thing to use other than swear words if they get hung up. Stupid.

I can't believe whoever is in charge of planning the use of these things never wargamed out the possibility of them getting stuck on something down there, and be unable to surface due to that - let alone some sort of equipment failure. They should have at least 2 or 3 times the amount of life support needed for a rescue sub to get to them IMO. Problem is they don't have such a rescue sub or plan of action. Extremely risky. When Cameron dived on the Titanic all those times to get video/etc for his dumb movie, they always dove with 2 subs, and had ROVs that had cutting/grabbing ability they could use to free their asses if they got fucked up on something.

These guys are likely in the dark if there was some sort of major electric collapse of the systems. Fun huh, stuck nearly 3 miles down in very cold ass water, and be completely blind/blacked out. Good thing they have 2 extra playstation controllers on board with which to control the sub - lol. Moronic.

• Toad said the first thing I brought up when talking with my pops about this - why the hell don't they have an inexpensive ELT/noise maker that can easily be detected by passive sonar/search systems? For all the $ put into this mini sub, how the hell did they omit that? The thing already was "lost" once before, when they had a similar comms failure, and just floated around on the surface until someone found them after hitting the eject button - - aside from the large platform they are attached to when making the descent, once free of that and able to maneuver with thrusters, it has a sled of ballast which they can release and they'll rocket to the surface due to the positive buoyance that little sub has.

Also, why don't they have at LEAST one other identical unit on standby in case they get fouled at that depth, and stuck on some debris/whatever. Another thing that's obviously missing, is some sort of controllable arm with a cutting torch/cutting shears/grips/etc, in order to have some sort of thing to use other than swear words if they get hung up. Stupid.

I can't believe whoever is in charge of planning the use of these things never wargamed out the possibility of them getting stuck on something down there, and be unable to surface due to that - let alone some sort of equipment failure. These guys are likely in the dark if there was some sort of major electric collapse of the systems. Fun huh, stuck nearly 3 miles down in very cold ass water, and be completely blind/blacked out. Good thing they have 2 extra playstation controllers on board with which to control the sub - lol. Moronic.

Why not just send a drone with a _really_ good camera system, and you can sit back on the ship with a VR headset, and eat Ruffles or someshit ? Who wants to crawl around like a dog in a sardine can, fighting smelly people for a bit of porthole time. Morons.