Crush depth

• Another worst cast scenario. The sub is ok and submerge to the surface, but the starlink system not working. What so bad about this they can not get out of the sub because the hatch is bolt shut external. No way they can open the hatch internal.

All they have to do is press that one smart button and turn the air on. So they'll have nice AC and fresh water and food until they're rescued.

• All they have to do is press that one smart button and turn the air on. So they'll have nice AC and fresh water and food until they're rescued.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• looks like they use a wireless fucking game controller to run everything.

Fun huh, stuck nearly 3 miles down in very cold ass water, and be completely blind/blacked out. Good thing they have 2 extra playstation controllers on board with which to control the sub - lol. Moronic.

I know, that was the place I wtf'd out on - I know the USN uses similar stuff to run turrets and masts/ISR, but as your primary/only means of controlling a sub at 13,000ft depth? Wow.

• I know, that was the place I wtf'd out on - I know the USN uses similar stuff to run turrets and masts/ISR, but as your primary/only means of controlling a sub at 13,000ft depth? Wow.

It seems childish and stupid from the outside, but what would you rather have? A piece of equipment that has been made a million times, and has been tested to stand up to THOUSANDS of hours of abuse each?

Or a custom made controller with custom components that may break, and can't be replaced?

I wouldn't be surprised if they had 2 back ups in there with them. And didn't spend more than a hundred bucks on it, total.

• Well you can see that in the video the retard says that there's only one button to operate it. Like an elevator. Up and down. That doesn't make much sense.

I'm wondering if the controller is maybe just to control the cameras and the video display or something stupid like that. But then that doesn't make sense either because the thing does have motors doesn't it? It's not just a diving bell is it?

I would never get sealed in that piece of shit.

• CHProducts makes industrial quality controllers not just flight controls - were it up to me, I would have started there, not some fucking 2nd hand XBawks 1 controller from Game Stop. I bet they paid $2 for a year warranty.

• After reading about that whistleblower employee, the most likely scenario would be that that port view window thing collapsed. It wasn't even rated to go 1/3 of the depth that they took that thing to.

And it's an obvious weak point. Everything else could be a double walled steel cylinder but that thing is an open hole into the thing.

Why would you compromise on something like that? That is just retarded.

• They never even pressure tested the design properly. It wasn't fit to put a dog in there let alone 5 humans. They probably had some slimy lawyer make sure that they were covered to do anything they wanted in international waters. I'd fly on a Congolese Airliner before I'd get in that thing.

• Likely it just blew out and they died without even realizing it. Pretty sad if they're on the ocean floor right now, sitting in their own filth, pressing that button in a mad panic, knowing in the back of their minds that everyone in the world is talking about how stupid they are. Being "buried alive' has to be a horrible way to go.

• I assume it had emergency ballast to chuck, which would have surfaced them absent....implosion. Read elsewhere the sub can only do 3 knots, which might not have been enough to overcome the strange currents---they could have gotten pushed into the ship and trapped

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Is the view port gave way, I wonder how fast the insides would have been crushed? Would that happen instantly, like a reverse explosion?

the worst would be if it sprung a leak and just took them to the bottom alive before it blew or flooded completely. Not sure if that's even possible to have a leak and not have the whole thing implode though.

5000 psi at that depth apparently. Crushed like a grape, instantaneously.