Look what tool Hitech let back on.

• Well you should be happy I guess - all those guys ended up leaving.

What did you think of the "Pussy" map anyways ? It was the small one with the cunt looking lake at the center. I thought it was the worst map in the entire game personally - for whatever reason it always turned into a tedious map that had nothing but gangbangs. No fun action, no good dogfights, no chaos, just a numbers grind. It was also a brutal hard map for the base takers, so it was one of the harder maps to conquer and get out of rotation. It made a lot of guys like me take the week off until it was gone.

• OUr glorious Squad (Elite Top Aces) was one of the best times ever - because we did a bit of everything, and always did what we felt like at any given moment. We did it all really.

I had a lot of fun with you guys. Akak with a lot of fun too. He was such a great shot with his b-25 they had the big Canon in the front. He would take off and pop GVs. I wish I could have flown like that and aimed like that.

Those were fun times!

• I really was average in a fighter. Had a ton of fun in that game. I’ll agree with Slam that the ever escalating difficulty of the base taking led to the demise of the game. It led to the steamroller hordes. In early times it was easy to retake a base. A team couldn’t just roll on, they had to watch out for a small group slipping in behind and retaking a base.

I’ll agree with Elfie that a true furballer never gave a shit about winning the war. The fight was the thing. Again though I think the base hardening actually led to far less air combat as GVs became the better swarm tools for taking bases. It also promoted the bomber and fighter bomber suicide attacks, drop/auger/re-up/rinse/repeat. So it became more of a treadhead game and I lost interest.

• I might give it another shot someday... maybe sooner than later.

Elf are you still playing DCS ?

I don't have room to set up my desktop computer atm, but yes, I still play.

I preordered the F-4E Phantom, it should be out by early March. I can't wait to fly that bitch, I just wish they had maps of Vietnam/SE Asia and western Europe. I'd love to go Downtown to bomb Ho Chi Minh's house or attack Soviet tank columns in the Fulda Gap.

I did finally learn how to get the 109 off the ground. I wasn't building enough speed before I let it lift off so as soon as it did it would roll hard left into the ground.

Well you should be happy I guess - all those guys ended up leaving.

I never wanted them to leave, I just wanted to be left alone to do what I enjoyed without a bunch of assbags whining and crying about it.

• Just my opinion but think hightech killed his game by listening to the acehigh mafia and making changes accordingly...

then giving them so much power over arena's n such...

they weren't his friends and did NOT have him or the games' best interest in mind...

just my opinion...

• Elf, a difference between Canucks and Americans is that old school Canucks really value Voodoos and Starfighters over the Phantom.

There's no logic to it, it just is what it is... a matter of what Aircraft proved itself in the harsh climate of the Great White North.

• I worked on the Phantom and Eagle. DCS has the F-15C and the F-15E. Soon it will have the F-4E and eventually a Navy variant although Heatblur has not said which model they are going to make for the Navy pukes. Many are assuming it will be a J and some are insisting they need a J and an S which I think is kinda dumb because the S variant is just an upgraded J.

*Edit* I worked on the F-4E and F-15A and B models.