Desantis quits. Endorses Trump

• The infrastructure in their area is better than almost everywhere in the state too.

I was against what DeSantis did there because it was nothing but openly using state government for retaliation for Disney publicly disagreeing with his policies. Seemed like an attack on free speech.

You have trouble understanding logic and causality.

Revocation of special rights isn't the same thing as retaliation. IF Desantis and Florida took away rights or privileges from Disney that everyone else had, then you'd be right. But Disney had special privileges ABOVE what everyone else got, and then decided to act against what everyone else in the state wanted.

• You have trouble understanding logic and causality.

Revocation of special rights isn't the same thing as retaliation. IF Desantis and Florida took away rights or privileges from Disney that everyone else had, then you'd be right. But Disney had special privileges ABOVE what everyone else got, and then decided to act against what everyone else in the state wanted.

Disney spoke against Desantis. They didn’t act against anything. Reedy Creek wasn’t an issue prior to this. So yes revocation of their special status was retaliation. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with Disney’s stance either. I just don’t like government being used that way no matter what party or administration is doing it.

• And of course it was retaliation... but it also revoked something that by Dem logic should never, ever, have existed in the first place, a place entirely owned and governed by a self-taxing corporation. Whole thing was built on a bait & switch and Florida sued them for it, and lost to Disney bankrolled judges, back when it was built... and they were doing a really good job at managing it too thanks to that pesky and allegedly immoral profit motive.

• Did a quick overhead of the region on google maps, that Kingsley Lake is cool... a perfect circle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsley_Lake

Most of the waterfront is owned by Camp Blanding of the Florida National Guard. Back in the day, there used to be two public beaches called Strickland’s Landing and Kingsley Beach. Spent a lot of summers there. They both had huge piers that made enclosed swimming areas with slides and high dive platforms. They had to demolish the piers because apparently they hadn’t paid taxes on them since the 50’s, and after that both beaches eventually went out of business. The land sold to developers. Now there is no public access to that lake. Of course folks like me with a retired military ID can still access it from the Camp Blanding parts of it.

• EVERY level of government is ran this way. First, .gov (from township to national) erects obstacles in the form of taxation, regulation and code) that makes business creation and growth impossible, or at least the burden so great that no one in their right mind would be willing to stake the risk to do so. Next, they will allow for "variances" "tax incentives" and "grandfather clauses" so that those already in business don't care because they're not affected (this is part of the scheme) and all others must come with hat in hand and beg for the opportunity and privilege to risk their own assets to start a business. This allows .gov to pick winners and losers, enable the "good ole boy" system AND punish those who dare get out of line.

Wake the fuck up.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Disney spoke against Desantis. They didn’t act against anything. Reedy Creek wasn’t an issue prior to this. So yes revocation of their special status was retaliation. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree with Disney’s stance either. I just don’t like government being used that way no matter what party or administration is doing it.

Again, if someone gives you ***SPECIAL PRIVILEGES THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS***, at the very least you are expected to say silent about what that someone does. If you speak against those that give you those ***SPECIAL PRIVILEGES THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS***, you lose those privileges and become equal to ***EVERYONE ELSE.***

Florida is not stopping Disney from supporting sexually grooming children. But if Disney keeps trying, they'll NOT be treated special anymore, and will be treated the same as every other Florida citizen and corporation.

• EVERY level of government is ran this way. First, .gov (from township to national) erects obstacles in the form of taxation, regulation and code) that makes business creation and growth impossible, or at least the burden so great that no one in their right mind would be willing to stake the risk to do so. Next, they will allow for "variances" "tax incentives" and "grandfather clauses" so that those already in business don't care because they're not affected (this is part of the scheme) and all others must come with hat in hand and beg for the opportunity and privilege to risk their own assets to start a business. This allows .gov to pick winners and losers, enable the "good ole boy" system AND punish those who dare get out of line.

Wake the fuck up.

Gotta love those variances. Like the one our local county commissioners give to developers. They don’t have to pay the $10,000 impact fee per house up front, it’s rolled into the cost of the sale of the house. Problem is those impact fees are used for infrastructure improvements and schools. So the infrastructure and education system always lags behind development. Meanwhile traffic is increased on roads never meant for that much traffic and existing schools get overcrowded.

Try to build your own house though, and you have to have that money up front or you won’t get a permit.