The EV Joke

• I don’t get the EV hate. Did someone tell you that you can’t buy an ICE car if you want one?

Personally, at the state of the current technology I wouldn’t get one. However, I’m open to the idea if certain issues are eventually resolved. The current battery technology is one of them.

As much as I like ICE cars (I’m up to 8 now), oil will not last forever. How long we have, who knows? environmentalists and the oil companies aren’t honest about it. I prefer that we have the EV’s here now, and the market for them will drive further innovation in their design and technology. So when the end of oil does come they will be a viable alternative. Not to mention, since this country never improves infrastructure without a reason first (always playing catch up), their existence will also drive long overdue, badly needed electrical grid improvements.

So far as we can tell, there is **NOT** an end to the available oil. We're discovering more and more oil and hydrocarbon deposits every day, and we're finding that even "tapped" wells are refilling by themselves.

Personally, I'm starting to think that petroleum is not a "Fossil Fuel." I'm seeing theories that seem viable that oil is abiogenically produced.

• The same as it is now. Tax Dollars are NOT subsidizing the oil industry.

My mistake. I was just trying to use the same wording as another comment. It’s corporate welfare in the form of about $600 billion in tax breaks that subsidizes the oil industry. Which is just as bad.

Fact Sheet | Fossil Fuel Subsidies: A Closer Look at Tax Breaks and Societal Costs (2019) | White Papers | EESI

• So far as we can tell, there is **NOT** an end to the available oil. We're discovering more and more oil and hydrocarbon deposits every day, and we're finding that even "tapped" wells are refilling by themselves.

Personally, I'm starting to think that petroleum is not a "Fossil Fuel." I'm seeing theories that seem viable that oil is abiogenically produced.

Everything on earth is finite.

• My mistake. I was just trying to use the same wording as another comment. It’s corporate welfare in the form of about $600 billion in tax breaks that subsidizes the oil industry. Which is just as bad.

https://www.eesi.org/papers/vi…eaks-and-societal-costs#1

Not taking money isn't the same thing as giving someone money.

Everything on earth is finite.

Maybe. I was just pointing out that we are using more petroleum than ever before, and instead of running out, we have more available than before, and no end in sight.

• who cares?

I don't. But don't force people to buy into the EV bullshit. It's more expensive, not as efficient, more of a pain in the ass, not as good, and more harmful to the environment than gas vehicles - but if you want one, go right the fuck ahead.

Gas is WAY more efficient and you get WAY more energy out of it than a battery - all things considered.

Forced? The only place I’ve seen that is doing that is California. That’s to be expected from the most un-American state in America. I don’t think it will ever fly on the federal level no matter what the loudest voices out of Washington say.

• You all feeeel entitled to your government checks and government services. But it's bad when you gotta pay for them. And for some reason you are just fine with the government picking and choosing who does and who doesn't have to pay. Dumbfucks gonna dumbfuck.

• Forced? The only place I’ve seen that is doing that is California. That’s to be expected from the most un-American state in America. I don’t think it will ever fly on the federal level no matter what the loudest voices out of Washington say.

so you haven't seen any government- run attacks on oil, gas, natural gas and coal?

The Biden Administration has proposed new emissions standards that would effectively require 67.5% of U.S. vehicle sales to be electric by 2032. Dealers are making significant electric vehicle (EV) investments and are essential to advancing this transportation transformation. However, despite federal incentives, new vehicle buyers are not purchasing EVs in the quantities necessary for automakers to meet EPA’s requirements. EPA’s proposed rule goes too far, too fast by not acknowledging current real-world consumer demand for EVs. Members of Congress are encouraged to support efforts to counter EPA’s overly aggressive EV mandates and attempts to effectively ban the sale of gas-powered cars.

BACKGROUND

In May, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed a rule for model years 2027-2032 light- and medium-duty vehicles that essentially calls for 60% of new vehicles sold in 2030 and 67.5% of new vehicles sold in 2032 to be EVs. This proposal exceeds the Administration’s 2021 executive order which called for 50% EV sales by 2030.

New car and truck dealers are essential to sell and service EVs. Dealers have already spent or committed to spend $10 billion of their own capital in EV inventory and special tools, equipment, training, and recharging infrastructure needed for these vehicles. These multi-billion-dollar investments are critical to laying the foundation to move from early adopters to mass marketing EVs to the average consumer.

• Just like climate change and eating bugs. EVs are going to be artificially forced into the markets.

Well Trump has vowed to roll back the EV mandates. Assuming he will be reelected of course. Even if he isn’t, the Dems won’t hold the White House forever. . It’s a good thing executive orders and EPA rules can be nullified by whoever sits in the Oval Office.