EBay Fucking Sucks!

• I always hated when people get political and start lying about the risks of something because they're pushing for it to be legal, or just plain sugar coating to suck people in.

There are risks in everything.

People should always be upfront about it and let other people make informed decisions.

Boxing was like that. I'd always get riled up when someone had some interest in it, and they'd go "yeah but is it dangerous". I'd hate when boxing people were like "Oh it's perfectly safe, only 1 in 1 million people get hurt, it's no big deal". I was always like "yeah it causes brain damage and you can die doing it. So now you're informed, ask yourself if you really want to do this". You will get your nose broken, you will get knocked out, you will have serious concussions - at least one. Now you know... You may have dementia in middle age. You still want to be here ?

I had that argument when MMA came around in the 1993 era. I had people I knew go to the media, to go on and on how it was much safer than boxing.

BULLSHIT.

Taking hits to your head when it's braced against the ground is far more damaging, and also (especially today), people fight without any honor whatsoever, and relish in taking ridiculous cheap shots on people who are out cold. They're actually trained to do this (which is why I won't watch it or endorse it). It's just as dangerous as boxing, if not much more so. It is not safer.

Anyways, I believed in telling the truth, even erring on really over pressing the negatives and letting people make up their own mind.

It's like "It's really not wise to get into this - and if you walk away I won't think any less of you... but if you still have the overwhelming desire to do it, we're here for you". etc.

• A couple of guys I went to high school with, who never grew up enough to stop smoking as much pot as they could buy all have psychological issues now. If not, they are dead.

• When I "tried" it when when I was younger (OK, I "tried it" about seven or eight hundred times) I really enjoyed it. Sex was fucking awesome high and music sounded incredible. Now I become nervous, have literal panic attacks and ruminate to the point of actually contemplating suicide. It's no fucking joke and I stay away from it. It is more potent than it used to be but it affects me in a way different way than it used to. the idea that it's harmless is just not true. Having said that, I know people who can't afford mental healthcare who use it to self-medicate who would probably do something stupid without it.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• When I "tried" it when when I was younger (OK, I "tried it" about seven or eight hundred times) I really enjoyed it. Sex was fucking awesome high and music sounded incredible. Now I become nervous, have literal panic attacks and ruminate to the point of actually contemplating suicide. It's no fucking joke and I stay away from it. It is more potent than it used to be but it affects me in a way different way than it used to. the idea that it's harmless is just not true. Having said that, I know people who can't afford mental healthcare who use it to self-medicate who would probably do something stupid without it.

I'm no pot expert by any stretch (and don't touch it), but there's two substances in pot that affect you - CBD and THC - at there's a % of each in every weed strain.

The CBD is relaxing and makes you enjoy things you are doing (like you mentioned above). The THC gets you fucked up, and also paranoid and edgy if you take too much. You have to stay with strains that work for you -probably more % CBD than THC. It's very hard to figure that out with street pot, but in legal dispensaries, they know the exact ratios so you can try different ones and stick to the kind that works for you.

I got a lot of pot head friends in Canuckistan since it's fully legal - they've given me that spiel many times. :dunno .

I wish Airhead was here, he could explain it better and probably point you to the stuff that would work for you.

• Don't ruminate.

Don't ingest the high thc content weed.

5%thc is about it for me. Then only occasionally.

One time I smoked some 25+% weed and ended up driving to a house we had bought and were remodelling to flip and sat there paranoid for about an hour and a half.

If I can get a gold strain from the Huila Valley I'll smoke that.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• I use the edibles. The ones I buy are super potent, but that means I only take the tiniest bit and it lasts me forever. And I'm not a pothead. I very rarely take that stuff. But I like it because I take just enough to make me feel relaxed.

Edibles also feel better to me. Because more of a body feeling.

Smoking or vaping is bad just because you're inhaling smoke and chemicals.