EBay Fucking Sucks!

• I noticed a few weeks ago their "eBay Authenticity Guarantee" bullshit where they say your purchase on their website is guaranteed to not be a counterfeit or knockoff or whatever... I thought.. Well how the fuck do they do that when they'll let anyone sell anything from anywhere to anywhere (not guns though, fuck no!)? A while back I watched a video demonstrating how to tell a fake Shure sm7b from the real thing cuz fake shit from China is everywhere... So the other night I was looking at eBay and there's a brand new sm7b at half retail and when I looked at the photos... Sure enough, it's fake as fuck. I went down to the "report listing" button and reported it as an obvious counterfeit. The next day.. You guessed it.. Ebay wrote me an email assuring me that their experts looked over the listing and found nothing wrong with it.

Fuck eBay.

• I'll tell you who really needs to get fucked as PayPal. In conjunction with eBay.

We sold some stuff on our website I think that somebody paid with PayPal. It was a few thousand dollars. Maybe $5,000.

So because we went over a certain dollar amount for the month, which is not very much it was like maybe $8,000, PayPal withheld that payment from us for like 2 months.

And then I read online how PayPal will just freeze people's accounts for various reasons and I thought fuck PayPal we're not taking their payment anymore. So now we don't take any PayPal payment.

• I've noticed you see less and less auctions, and more and more "Buy it Now". The excitement of scoring really good stuff for cheap and sniping at the last second seems to be less of a thing vs 10 years ago.

• I sniped a lot of good shit over the years - back in the day the losers could see the username of who won, and they'd PM you with hate messages. I had a great amount of fun talking shit back to them.

"Look toots..." etc. etc.

• What do you sell? I’m thinking about reselling again, I did it about 10 years ago and liked it but people were really learning how to be dicks and screw you on Amazon and I can only imagine what’s it’s like now.

Amazon and eBay are both fucked for selling fishing lures, you have to sell in bulk in order to make any money because of the fees.

• It was always women who would sent hate messages after losing an auction. I guess today they call them "Karens". Like it's an auction... people bid on stuff... the winner is the one who is willing to pay the most and got the bid in right at the last second. Pretty simple.

Well, with these types, they get all bent out of shape that they aren't going to get a steal of a deal, and also that someone actually dared to big against them. Then the final slap in the face is that they lost the auction - mostly because they were so smug and full of themselves, that they couldn't see themselves losing.

Anyways yeah - they'd just send the stupid PMs seconds after they lost like "I CANNOT BELIEVE you would PAY THAT MUCH for that THING! HOW DARE YOU!" bla bla bla.

I loved starting a reply like "Hey Toots, or Hey Chickie or Look you Goofy Broad". Just addressing them as Sweetie was also a good one. Then I'd say stuff like "You should stop spending YOUR MAN's Money" or "Look you mouthy dame, shut your yap and get back to making pies".

Those were the days... things weren't so politically correct, and it was understood that the Internet was a jungle gym of chaos, and whatever you said there didn't really matter at all. Nobody cared.

• You know, people didn't do that much I found. It's kind of like admitting defeat and getting fleeced. People have this thing where they are hoping nobody else really notices that particular auction, and they'll go in, bid light, and score a major win. That did occasionally happen, but really the last minute sniping was the best go-to tactic. Like bid when there's 2-3 seconds left.

The best time to ebay as a buyer is when times are tough. I bought A LOT of stuff during The Great Recession of 2008. Lot of people dump luxury goods - demand is low, supply is high. That's when you should be on the hunt for something you've always wanted, but could never justify the price.

I can't remember when they got rid of the DM'ing, but it's been many years. Early 2000s probably.