• Academic in the 21 century… I feel this definition should be moved to number 1. Well, going by the current quality of them.

3. theoretical or hypothetical; not practical, realistic, or directly useful

Yup it checks out.

• Quote from 69 CREAM

I think you forget. A... LOT of conservatives hate Trump. He is a fake conservative because he is a liberal democrat. Always has been. All politicians are liars but he is the biggest and most prolific liar. If he would have tried telling the truth a little more often he would have easily won the election. A number of conservatives voters were tired of the lies after 4 years. Some can easily see through the bullshit while others cannot. It is what it is.

Maybe, but the election came down to a choice between Trump and Hillary. Basically between a candidate that you hate and a candidate that hates you. Despite all the negative attacks, news stories about how the DNC rigged primaries, Hillary's role in the pee dossier, etc, She was hated more than Trump was liked. She also proved herself to be less trustworthy than Trump.

As far as the 2020 election goes, think about this...the 2016 election was allegedly fraught with corruption, cheating and Russian hacking...but the 2020 election was pristine? Really?

No, it came down to an election between T & B. Trump and Hillary were in 2016, we are talking about 2020 not 2016. In 2016 voters were much more inclined to give him a chance, but in 2020 some conservative voters did not vote or maybe even voted for Biden. Trump didn't live up to expectations and some of his base tired of the constant lies and exagerations. Trump did some good things but he shot himself in the foot. He could have easily won if his ego hadn't tarnished his reputation in the eyes of some. He would have won the election if he just kept his mouth shut 50% of the time during the last year. Instead it was like constant political commercials everyday to his HUGE base. He pushed enough people away while at the same time he lit a match under the Democrat party base thereby motivating a record number of democrats to come out and vote.

I disagree with your assessment that the 2020 election was pristine. Presidential elections are never pristine from my perspective.

• You might consider notifying the Brookings institute that you're qualified for their ranks.

https://www.brookings.edu/poli…rs-and-national-security/

I don't expect you to read it, though, it has many words and the concepts may be hard for you to grasp. :)

One more time for the slow people, from your own link....

And while Trump’s tariffs may have brought some countries to the negotiating table, in the long run the tariffs likely also contributed to pushing other potential trade partners away.

The first part of this quote is a fact.Then they turn it into an opinion by using the word "likely" and "also."

It does not name any country that refuses to trade with the U.S. Even Cuba and North Korea want U.S. goods.

Overall, in 2019, the U.S. government brought in $79 billion in tariffs, twice the value from two years earlier

Hmmmmm, nearly 40 billion more? Twice the amount huh? So was it a success or not?

But multiple studies suggest this is not the case: the cost of tariffs have been borne almost entirely by American households and American firms, not foreign exporters.

"Suggest?" If they have hard data, shouldn't they be able to be more definitive? This is an interpretation, that makes it an opinion.

Tariffs are taxes paid on imported goods. In earlier eras tariffs were an important source of government revenue, but in recent decades the U.S. government has used tariffs primarily to shield certain industries from foreign competition.rtant to note that

NO! Tariffs have ALWAYS been used to protect certain industries. This isn't a recent development. It is important to note that there is a difference between an import fee and a tariff.

All imports pay an import fee but not all imports pay a tariff.

Do better!

• No, it came down to an election between T & B. Trump and Hillary were in 2016, we are talking about 2020 not 2016. In 2016 voters were much more inclined to give him a chance, but in 2020 some conservative voters did not vote or maybe even voted for Biden. Trump didn't live up to expectations and some of his base tired of the constant lies and exagerations. Trump did some good things but he shot himself in the foot. He could have easily won if his ego hadn't tarnished his reputation in the eyes of some. He would have won the election if he just kept his mouth shut 50% of the time during the last year. Instead it was like constant political commercials everyday to his HUGE base. He pushed enough people away while at the same time he lit a match under the Democrat party base thereby motivating a record number of democrats to come out and vote.

I disagree with your assessment that the 2020 election was pristine. Presidential elections are never pristine from my perspective.

I appreciate your opinion, but I was talking about 2016. As far as 2020, How long were some polling stations accepting ballots past the deadline?

Oh and all the news programs specifically used the word "pristine" as a description of the 2020 election. That is why I used it. I think you and I are on the same page about them not really being so.

• I appreciate your opinion, but I was talking about 2016. As far as 2020, How long were some polling stations accepting ballots past the deadline?

Oh and all the news programs specifically used the word "pristine" as a description of the 2020 election. That is why I used it. I think you and I are on the same page about them not really being so.

When "news agencies" start using the exact same buzz words that should be a red flag to something is fishy. It screams of project mockingbird.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• You might consider notifying the Brookings institute that you're qualified for their ranks.

https://www.brookings.edu/poli…rs-and-national-security/

I don't expect you to read it, though, it has many words and the concepts may be hard for you to grasp. :)

From the link in the article...

So basically, any deal the president makes has to be approved. But your bullshit article makes it sound like It is all Trump's doing!. That's a little on the disingenuous side, isn't it?

Do better!

• When "news agencies" start using the exact same buzz words that should be a red flag to something is fishy. It screams of project mockingbird.

Man I try to tell people to read past the headlines and listen past the soundbyte but they get that glazed over look in their eyes. I think that the West is in deep deep trouble. LOL