• Tariffs against the chinks, mainly manufacturing. I see Arlo is one of those people that would rather have cheap chicom shit than American jobs. What he did essentially is a tit for tat tariff system against them. However much the chinks tariffed us, we tariffed them accordingly.

Essentially he have us in manufacturing a more level playing field. It was fucking glorious, manufacturing was skyrocketing in many sectors and many of us could barely keep up. Now people like Arlo will say they just caused the prices to go up.

He's not wrong, but it created many jobs and product's started having more American made components. An example is the 30% tariffs placed on chicom solar panels. Bidenus Pervertus recently repealed those tariffs. Guess what, LG announced today that they are shutting down their Alabama plant.

But Arlo will probably defend rolling back tariffs because "they only hurt the consumer". It's really disheartening when you see Americans get pissed because the price of their cheap big screen tv goes up $20.

Not knowing how tariffs work is a sad thing. But I shouldn't expect that from you any more than T. :)

• Official Post

My company imports from China. My boss is well connected in the business world. Chinese companies ate most of the cost of the tarriffs.

There's a TON of competition within China and cost is everything. They run on THIN margins. They NEED export business to survive and they will work to break even if they have to.

We need to put an end to China's unfair advantages due to slave labor. We need to put an end to the stealing of our products and intellectual property.

Fuck China. Trump was on the right track.

• Yeah, my business literally doubled in sales the year the "Pandemic" started.

I actually ship parts to Shanghai. I shipped prototypes there about 6 years ago and quoted production. At that time I was told my delivery and quality was excellent and my price was competitive BEFORE Chinese import tariffs. You see the chinks tariff thing according to whether it can be made in country or not. It's a sliding scale that goes from 0% to 300%.

I have to ask because I am curious. What kind of parts do you ship to Shanghai?

• Please explain how. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/3…-inflation-jacob-lew.html

American businesses are bearing most of the cost burden from the elevated tariffs imposed at the height of the U.S.-China trade war, according to a report from Moody’s Investors Service earlier this year.

Easy, it's mainly propaganda. As someone who actually deals with tariffs (both ways)

I wouldn't expect someone like you who mearly believe something you read.

If tariffs are such a bad thing, can you explain to me why the ag industry is protected by more tariffs than any other American industry?

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• I think you forget. A... LOT of conservatives hate Trump. He is a fake conservative because he is a liberal democrat. Always has been. All politicians are liars but he is the biggest and most prolific liar. If he would have tried telling the truth a little more often he would have easily won the election. A number of conservatives voters were tired of the lies after 4 years. Some can easily see through the bullshit while others cannot. It is what it is.

Maybe, but the election came down to a choice between Trump and Hillary. Basically between a candidate that you hate and a candidate that hates you. Despite all the negative attacks, news stories about how the DNC rigged primaries, Hillary's role in the pee dossier, etc, She was hated more than Trump was liked. She also proved herself to be less trustworthy than Trump.

As far as the 2020 election goes, think about this...the 2016 election was allegedly fraught with corruption, cheating and Russian hacking...but the 2020 election was pristine? Really?

• Not knowing how tariffs work is a sad thing. But I shouldn't expect that from you any more than T. :)

People who live in glass houses shouldn't walk around naked, bud. Obviously you know less than anyone here. Case in point....German tariffs on American steel imports. Just Trump talking about slapping tariffs on German imports was enough to get them to loosen them up a bit. But actually doing it jump-started American manufacturing. It made it economically feasible for companies to produce steel. Production only went up when companies could sell it.

All inflation in the Biden administration can be traced to his insane energy policy. All of his asinine moves that turned America from a net oil exporter to a net oil importer has directly led to the increase in energy prices. Any increase in fuel prices leads to an increase in manufacturing and shipping costs. All of this is passed on to the consumer.

This isn't a state secret, okay. This is taught in every single economic class in the world! It is as basic as addition and subtraction

Do better!

• Heh..

Don't feed the pigeons.

As everyone knows, criticism of our last administration is a highly accurate red flag for a deeply disturbed and compromised personality.

Wading through the regurgitated slander and hysteria might, at first, seem a reasonable and rational approach when faced with some ignorant, scumbag worshiping, degenerate spewing their affinty for anti-American values.

Not worth the effort. The lowlife has already defined their stupidity and unworthiness for civil engagement. They lack the capacity to grasp what a normal personality understands intuitively.

Just treat them like the worthless shit they are. They play an old whore's game of assuming a seat at the rhetorical table when they're unqualified to even occupy the same room. All they can do is interrupt the industry of decent people. They have nothing to contribute on any level.

Fuck 'em.

• You might consider notifying the Brookings institute that you're qualified for their ranks.

https://www.brookings.edu/poli…rs-and-national-security/

I don't expect you to read it, though, it has many words and the concepts may be hard for you to grasp. :)

• You might consider notifying the Brookings institute that you're qualified for their ranks.

https://www.brookings.edu/poli…rs-and-national-security/

I don't expect you to read it, though, it has many words and the concepts may be hard for you to grasp. :)

More propaganda. But hey, if you want to believe what you read that's written by peeps who don't actually have skin in the game vs people who are actually IN THE INDUSTRY have at it.

• More propaganda. But hey, if you want to believe what you read that's written by peeps who don't actually have skin in the game vs people who are actually IN THE INDUSTRY have at it.

Try addressing the article more and attacking the source as 'propaganda and the authors as unqualified less. I mean, if the data it presents is supposedly that weak it should be doable and much less emotional. ;)

• Try addressing the article more and attacking the source as 'propaganda and the authors as unqualified less. I mean, if the data it presents is supposedly that weak it should be doable and much less emotional. ;)

Not emotional and you don't think they may have "cherry picked" some data?