What's your thing? Something you really enjoy. Hobby or other?

• Official Post

I've got a lot of things. I'm interested in a lot of things.

I enjoy learning new things via getting bounced around on a wild goose chase on the internet. For instance.

I'll read about Meat Loaf dying, and something in the article will prompt me to look up another thing - like what label he was on, his writing partner, whatever. Then those things will branch off into other things and pretty soon I'll end up reading about a bunch of unrelated thing.

I love history. I like documentaries and love reading about people in history. I love to try to imagine what life was like during whatever time or situation I'm looking at.

My main hobby is music. My acoustic guitar sits next to my desk on a stand, within easy reach. Song ideas just pop into my head and I'll blast out a nearly complete song within minutes. My phone is right there, so I record my songs into it.

To a lessor extent, I enjoy mixing music. To an even lessor extent, I enjoy tracking (recording) my songs. I consider the recording process work and have to make myself get through it.

I'm lazy and a procrastinator. I guess I'm not completely lazy, because I'm not a fucking bum - but I put stuff off that I don't want to do rather than just doing it and getting it out of the way.

I really enjoy my quiet time at home. I love being at home.

I enjoy people too. I have fun with people and I think they usually like me right away, but I usually just like everybody. Most people I meet are good people.

Today I'm driving up to the valley. Maybe a 60 mile drive. The repair should take me about 30 minutes, then I have to head to our space at the Long Beach convention center.

The convention center is not far from home, so that's good.

What do you like? What do you enjoy?

:cage

• Almost anything to do with firearms.

I enjoy quiet range time, and I have the land to do just that. Reloading goes hand in hand with that. I started just reloading pistol ammo because I was going through about 200-300 rounds of 45 acp a week. This lead to rifle reloading and the whole how small a group can you get, it's a rabbit hole of repeatability.

Fishing, but not the bass boat and millions in gear fishing. Again I am fortunate to have a small pond on the property. Just fiddling around down there with an ultralight rig is an afternoon's worth of enjoyment.

Not a hobby yet but... I've got a 3d printer that i am just starting to play with.

I may add to this later.

• What I like and enjoy has changed over the course of my life along with my hobbies. I have done and experienced many different things.

Hobbies I have enjoyed over the years include fishing, hiking, exploring, firearms, sailing, snow skiing, water skiing, biking, reading, trading stocks, trading crypto, playing poker with friends, music, planting, growing, and harvesting food, archery, building things, cooking, golfing, woodworking, meeting people online, playing sports including baseball for many years as an adult (not professionally). I ran for and was elected for various positions.

I used to love to travel and I have done a lot of that. I still enjoy traveling, but not as much as I used to. One really memorable trip was to Eleuthera Island in the Bahama’s. I was really not that thrilled to be going there but it ended up being a very memorable trip and definitely exceeded any and all expectations I had. I went with a couple friends and we rented a car and a house. Every day we explored the tropical island and new secluded beaches where there was no body else anywhere. The beaches were beyond anything I ever imaged. Some of the sand was pink from the corral. The water was warm and extremely clear and you could see the fish really well especially with polarized glasses. There were turtles and all kinds of aquatic marine life. We fished every day. We would wade out in the flats in shorts and sandals and the water temp was always perfect. The Island was narrow and long. One side was the Atlantic Ocean and one side was the Carribbean. 2 vastly different oceans in someplace only separated by a couple hundred feet. Some of the restaurants were just chairs in someones yards with a BBQ and tables, but the food was really good.

I have met many different people from all walks of life including famous people, bums, and one that is in the top 100 richest in the world, another that isn’t top 100 but a billionaire, and every kind of people you could image. This along with working in many different industries over my lifetime has given me a very unique perspective.

I am looking for my next hobby or thing. What will it be? I have been thinking and looking at the Pacific Crest Trail. I don’t know if that is it though. I am getting older but I am still in pretty good shape. I need a new hobby but I am not sure what it will be yet. I know I am not like anybody else. A lot of people don’t understand me. Some people I meet totally get me. I usually form better relationships with above average intelligent people but not always. So that is a little bit about me and my hobbies and life experiences.

• I used to love hunting upland game birds, pheasants, quail, ptarmigan, grouse, and upland game like rabbit and squirrel. I don't get to do that now because I'm a poor bastard, I'm hopeful changes are otw though. I also hunted big game like deer, moose and bear but I never bagged any big game. I had really nice, easy shots on a 400 lb black bear and a 50"+ moose but I got buck fever and missed both times.

The rifle I was using both times was accurate enough that I hit a thumbtack at 100 yards from a benchrest and I could routinely fire 3 shot groups and cover them with a quarter, but I missed the fucking bear at less than 50 walking like he was taking a stroll in Central Park. The moose was probably under 40 yards, standing broadside and big as a barn door. I won a 6 pack for the thumbtack shot though. ;)

I love to fish and to make my own fishing gear. Heck, just making things is fun and that's probably why I like making/building things in games so much. I used to fire so many shotgun shells while shooting clay targets and hunting Mourning Doves that I started loading my own shells so I could afford to beat up my shoulder even more.

Eve Online, the industry system there is vast and I try to make as much of my own stuff as I can. In Fallout IV every time I try to play a different storyline I always end up helping that guy from the Minutemen and once again, I'm rebuilding the Commonwealth, one settlement at a time... lol

• Official Post

Got home an hour ago.

This morning I woke up feeling like crap. Groggy and junk in my chest. Not bad - probably bronchitis from the covid.

So I'm glad to be home. Pretty tired, but decided to make the whole chicken chicken soup again. It's not a lot of work. Takes about 40 minutes to make. I'll eat that over the next three days.

Maybe I'll jump onto AH tonight after I make the chicken.

Tomorrow I'm going back to Carlsbad to the Mercedes design center. That's a full, easy day. Nice drive down the coast, work a few hours there and drive home.

I really love my job. It's so NOT stressful. The customers are all usually cool and everyone likes me. I'm pretty good at what I do and now I'm really on my feet as far as how everything flows at work. You know how when you start a new job, just getting to know procedures and expectations is just as hard as adjusting to the work.

So life is good. I always feel so blessed.

• Official Post

you should post your videos here. :)

• I think next weeks video will have improved sound volume for the intro, if not next week, the week after for sure. I'm about 87.629% positive this is the last week of blaring music though. ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It will be a few weeks before you see the audio quality improvement from having the correct adapter cable for the mic.

I have the new adapter cable and I've tested it, sound difference is huge. I can't believe Sluggo didn't keep pestering me to fix it. ^^

• I thought I had it fixed a little over a year ago, I bought an adapter cable...

Some guy, and we won't be mentioning any names here, ordered a TRS to TRRS cable when he should have ordered a TRRS to TRS cable...morons, morons everywhere...

• I like DCS a lot also and I'm buying the Phantom as soon as it goes on sale.

In this threadover at Eagle Dynamics I told this story, this story and others are why this is an instant buy for me.