Aces High adventures

• Yeah, I still love the game. Gina's right it's not the same but it can still be fun. Mainly attacking and defending bases.

I put The Wrong Stuff in light twice today. Fear the low KI84! LOL

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• haha! Nice!

I think it's a lot of fun compared to when I last played. May not be as many players, but every time I log on there a sustained fight going on nearby.

When last I played it was 3 hordes all trying to avoid one another. With multi wing squeaker squads being all the rage.

• Jokers Strokers were attacking a base but about 5 of us beat their asses. They gave up pretty quickly and moved to the other side of the map. Switched to attacking and I forgot how fun it is to run across bombers whe you're in a 110. :iseewhatudid

Was that you Elfie flying today? AKElfy?

• Played bit last night and ended up taking the C Hog out for a spin. Ended up split off from the "pack" surrounded by bad guys. I hear "Uhhh Redwing, check your 6, 12, 3, and 9, you're in a really bad spot".

I said "no worries, I got'em right where I want them!" Everyone on range was laughing and about 60 seconds later I was dead, LOL.

• Official Post

Lol.

When I got home it was a little bit later. Almost seven. I logged on and it was that weird map with the circle on the spirals in it.

But our country radar was completely down so I just upped somewhere not realizing that. I got shot down but then decided not to fly because I couldn't tell where any kind of action was at and I didn't feel like just randomly flying somewhere to see if there was anybody around.

• Official Post

The last time I used it was Sunday. I got it all dialed in and I flew around and it just looks incredible.

Like it's unreal.

I need to get used to it though after using it for a while I started to get a slight headache I think from it.

I'm thinking that I need a little bit higher resolution though. The place where that shows up is when you look at it enemy planes in the distance there are dots or whatever are not very well defined.

You can see things so much better though. Like the ground and buildings when you're strafing them you can just see exactly where everything's at. It's hard to explain. You can put your guns right on things and you can see them better.

I set up my views so that I could click and look behind and that helped a lot because otherwise you have to crank your neck around. Although it's cool because when you move your head around you can lean and look around the back seat.

It's so cool to have things in 3D. Like the clipboard will be like floating in front of the cockpit or whatever and you can move your head forward and around it.

There's so many things that are cool about it. But there's a lot of things you got to get used to.

The biggest thing is that you have to map everything in VR and that takes a little bit. I had some glitches in doing that because it would lose the settings after I would set everything. It did that like three or four times in a row. Finally they took.

I have the headset set up so that if you double tap on the outside of it it switches to the cameras so that you can see a black and white view of what is actually in front of you. So like I could grab my water or something like that. That's really cool.

I'm typing I haven't figured out. I don't want to virtually type with a point and clicky thing. I read that you can set up the Oculus for hand recognition instead of using the controllers that come with it so that it recognizes your hands and you can use hand gestures to point and pinch and zoom and things like that sort of like a cell phone. I'm going to do that whenever I can figure that out.

But really it's just a different world. I mean it's like they say it's a total game changer. I just think that the resolution needs to be higher for me.

I did tweak some of the settings and I use the direct link cable instead of using it wirelessly and it dramatically improved everything. I mean everything looks great. Really good.

Like I was saying before like you're sitting in the tower and you see the headphones and the radio and the stuff on the table there and it looks like it's real. Like you could just pick it up and grab it and then it's a real item. I found myself trying to put my drink down on that virtual table.

You are actually in the cockpit too. You're sitting in the cockpit.

I turned on all of the eye candy 100% in my video car can just barely handle that so it was like flashing every once in a while.

I think what I would do is get the best VR set possible with a really expensive ass video card and that would be just an incredible experience.

I think the Oculus is really good but in certain aces high situations it's not as good as it could be. That's mostly when you're seeing enemy bogies in the air for me.

• Yeah maybe someday I'll give it a shot. Right now I barely have my stick set up correctly. I can only fly, if I jump into a GV or gun the controls are all fucked up. I tried to map them for GV's but for some reason I can't click the options even though I switch the stick to vehicle mode. When you all hook a new stick up do you update the drivers or just plug and play?

• Official Post

I'm not sure about plug in a new stick but even back in the day when CH had their own little driver thing I never used it. I just plug and play and then calibrate it in the game. Actually I calibrated it in Windows and then in the game.

I'm pretty sure all that stuff should be plug and play though.

• Official Post

Tonight I had a great time. People seem to be warming up to me. They hear me on vox and think I'm a girl.

Tonight owl was saying some stuff like I was Bruce Jenner assuming I was a guy and everything and then I didn't realize it but he was next to me in range and he said Gina? And I said...yeeessss? And he said oh shit, you are a girl lol. I thought you were a dude.

But then Semp and some other guys kind of get out of hand. And I still feel guilty when guys flirt with me. Like these guys were doing.

Not going to lie, I like the attention. Lol.

People I didn't even know realized who I was were saying that I had pretty red hair and some other stuff.

I'm sure it'll all come crashing down when they read about me. Hahaha!

Beyond that stuff, I was flying a 109 g14. I know nothing about the plane but at one point I couldn't fly any plane that had a value of less than 25 or something like that. So I took the thing up and I put the gondolas on it and holy shit that thing has a lot of cannon rounds!

It makes creaking sounds like an Airbus. Lol! It's not very easy to fly and it's not very maneuverable but it climbs pretty good.

For whatever reason the perk bonus was so high that I got almost five perks for just one assist. After that I shot down two planes and landed it and got over 12 perks. I went from having about 40 perks to having 61 perks just for shooting down a few planes.

I also learned that when I'm diving on somebody I just throttle way back and go real slow and line them up and they just boom go boom boom boom. Lol.

I shot this b25 down with a super short burst and it was an instant death for him. I must have hit him in the cockpit.

I'm definitely picking up the angles.

Having a lot of fun!

I hope you guys check it out because there's lots of good little fights going on all the time. It's nothing like it used to be when it was winding down and there were out monkeys everywhere.

This game is fun.

• The G14 with gondes is a beast of a bomber killer. I took out 3 B17's the other day with one. Just took my time got a few K above him and extended out. Hit him from high front first pass. Came up from underneath the next and then high left. Still had cannon rounds left but nobody to shoot down. Not a bad choice when trying to take a base either. Enough firepower to de-ack, take a few buildings down, maybe even track a gv. And kill any uppers trying to protect.