• Oh man. Sorry you're shuttin' down, even if just for a while. I can help you set up a dedicated DCS server if you want to explore that. I doubt there's any money to be made at it but who knows. You need bandwidth if you host many players but the machine itself does not need to be very powerful. I'll also be glad to help make any tutorial videos if you want to grow those on your channel. I'm quite experienced at showing how to crash or get shot down.

I have some experience with scripting missions too, though very limited, if you want to host some unique scenarios. I welcome an opportunity to learn more of the moose or mist scripting languages.

That gives me more ideas, I can set up PvP "brawls" to host on a server in addition to missions. Even with missions you can allow client aircraft on all three sides and let people choose which side to fight and presumably die for.

Thanks for the offer to help, you're a good friend and we'll likely talk a lot more about some of the things you've mentioned. :)

• Something to consider when designing missions, with scripting you can trigger events like spawning aircraft and vehicles. Those triggers can be tripped by things such as aircraft/vehicles being damaged/destroyed or by them entering a certain area. You could create a war being perpetually reinforced with AI and client aircraft. Buildings respawning after a certain amount of time or event.

• I have rudimentary knowledge of the proper use of triggers in the map editor.

In one of the Falklands missions I have Argentine fighters spawning about 80nm from the trigger zone. When British Harriers cross into the trigger zone, the Argentine dweebs spawn and they come for you, including their Ace flight lead. I made their flight lead an Ace just for you, you'll be laden with munitions and fuel and with an Ace opponent that should give you quite the challenge.

I'll be spawning about 15nm behind you, just to ensure you get to enjoy your challenge.

giphy.gif

• My first attempt at a "real" DCS video. I need to start saving the .trk files from each mission also. This video was made exclusively from the GeForce software that came with my video card and I did the editing with Shotcut.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love your attitude. You're such a good, likeable guy.

I hope you will find a way to get back to this. I think you will.

• Something to consider when designing missions, with scripting you can trigger events like spawning aircraft and vehicles. Those triggers can be tripped by things such as aircraft/vehicles being damaged/destroyed or by them entering a certain area. You could create a war being perpetually reinforced with AI and client aircraft. Buildings respawning after a certain amount of time or event.

Only the part about me spawning 15nm behind you was fabricated. You said you like challenges, so I hope I'm giving you one.

There are air defenses to be dealt with also as part of your primary mission that includes the search radar for a Roland battery. I'm thinking we'll likely get roflstomped a few times before we decide to tone things down a bit.

giphy.gif

• I'm spending the rest of the evening in the mission editor setting up the remaining missions for my Falklands campaign. As I learn new things I'll go back and flesh out the missions, but for now it's just the basics, getting unit's placed with the correct names, skins, loadouts, spawning correctly and routes plotted with waypoints.

I intend for this campaign to be loosely based on history, namely in that the conflict happened and not that each mission has any historical fact associated with it. Anything that I do get historically correct will be purely by accident. ;)

• I'm spending the rest of the evening in the mission editor setting up the remaining missions for my Falklands campaign. As I learn new things I'll go back and flesh out the missions, but for now it's just the basics, getting unit's placed with the correct names, skins, loadouts, spawning correctly and routes plotted with waypoints.

I intend for this campaign to be loosely based on history, namely in that the conflict happened and not that each mission has any historical fact associated with it. Anything that I do get historically correct will be purely by accident. ;)

Need any help with scripting lemme know. You can do things with Moose and Mist that you can't do in the native Mission Editor.

• I love your attitude. You're such a good, likeable guy.

I hope you will find a way to get back to this. I think you will.

I hope so too and that's why I'm not selling any of my molds or supplies even though I've had offers to buy my tube bait molds. I could likely get more than I paid for them because the manufacturer doesn't make them any longer but then I wouldn't have them if I'm able to come back from this. I have five total, 3 2" and 2 3.5" 4 cavity molds. I saved every penny from a lot of orders just so I could buy them. I had the coin saved months in advance (just in case they became available again) for the 2" molds.

• Official Post

I hope so too and that's why I'm not selling any of my molds or supplies even though I've had offers to buy my tube bait molds. I could likely get more than I paid for them because the manufacturer doesn't make them any longer but then I wouldn't have them if I'm able to come back from this. I have five total, 3 2" and 2 3.5" 4 cavity molds. I saved every penny from a lot of orders just so I could buy them. I had the coin saved months in advance (just in case they became available again) for the 2" molds.

I think that's a good idea.

🙂

• External Content youtu.be

• External Content youtu.be

awesome! good to see you back,. You look happy and healthy.

:)