TEOTW, EMP, POLE REVERSAL, NOAH'S FLOOD, DINO ASTEROIDS

• OK, preppers...take no offense here. Just my two cents.

With this Putain-Will-Nuke-The-World stuff going around there's been some panic amongst people I know. They want to discuss what to do IF.

First, EMP done right (three high over the US spread East/West with simultaneously detonation) puts us back into the 1850s or 60s. You're gonna need a horse. If you're on meds that are essential to keep you alive, you're gonna die. It's going to last way past a year or two, so you better be prepped for a decade or more. For me and my wife, we're past our threescore and ten, did the things we wanted to do. So we're not prepping. You can have the 1850s all to yourself. Besides, unless you live 24/7/365 at your prep fort you're probably screwed anyway. With your luck you'll be on a business trip 1000 miles from your prep fort when the balloon goes up. Even living 50 miles from a major metro area won't be enough either. The zombie hordes will find you.

Same for pole reversals, noah floods and dino slaughtering asteroids. It's 1850s at best and you can have it with my blessing. I'm too old for that crap.

Best one I heard was Hey! your microwave is a Faraday cage! It will keep your iPhone from frying! Probably true but who do you think you'll be calling? Verizon's infrastructure will be toast. Same for all your other electronics. The grid is going DOWN dudes. Electricity, Internet, Cell, etc.

Enjoy.

• Amongst other things. I often point out that reasonably fit folks can walk 3 mph for quite a long while. So me...I'm 30 miles from the inner city feral animal cages. When the food run out in less than two weeks, the lions and tigers and bears can be at my door in a day of walking.

Of course when they get here the whiskey bottles will be empty along with the beer cans. The best of the foods will have been eaten. They can have the brussel sprouts though.

• I just purchased 2 emp protectors for my vehicles and have about 50 gallons of gas.

In a worst case scenario I will still be able to run a hose from the exhaust pipe if it comes to that.

My mom has a solar system and her own well and she has protected all of it.

I hope the EMP thing doesn't happen but the sun will get us sooner or later....in my lifetime I feel.

• Hope you can get through the roadblocks of people that don’t allow strangers in their neighborhood or the feral that want your gear.

I'm in the sticks for the most part....the gas and vehicle would be for if I ran out of water or to get up to my high elevation spot...if it comes to that.

Also in case I'm 50 miles from home when an emp hit....or a carrington event, the car won't die and I'll at least be able to get to my stuff.

As for the feral? I'll have to burn that bridge when I come to it.

In the end, I'm a "let go" type. I've had quite a life. Not sure how I would be feeling if I was 30.

• I'm too old to worry about this shit. My number will get called soon enough either way.

As I said, Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow the ferals may show up and give you a reason to use up that 6000 rounds of .223! :)

They can heat up the brussels sprouts on the piles of hot brass.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().

• yea... 6000....

Well do you think I'd post the actual number on the internet? Or even all the various calibers.

Truthfully though I tell most of the people that ask for advice that they just need enough to fill all available magazines twice. You got 2 thirty round mags, they'll kill you before you get 60 rounds off if they come in an armed mob. Because most of these Johnny-come-latelies really aren't military/hunting types, don't really know how to shoot and don't want to put in the time/money to practice.

Yes, I have a few more than 2 magazines for every semi-auto I own. No, don't ask.

• Read that a while ago. It was interesting and a pretty good take on some of the problems. I wasn't too impressed by the climactic battle at the end. I think that would have come much sooner and been attrition by smaller groups over time. But hey...it's his story to write.

• I have super powers which allow my to go without food and water for months. My body is a power system from which I can run my grid. I got this!

Cool. I know an AI that would love to plug you into the Matrix.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

Edited once, last by GeeEss ().

• People always say pistols should only be used to fight to your rifle.

I think that's backwards. If you can see them coming, you rifle until it clicks dry and they're so close you don't have time to reload. THEN it's pistol time. Well...for me maybe it's Model 97 with slug, slug, buckshot, buckshot, buckshot, buckshot, buckshot. THEN it's pistol time. :pirate

• Read that a while ago. It was interesting and a pretty good take on some of the problems. I wasn't too impressed by the climactic battle at the end. I think that would have come much sooner and been attrition by smaller groups over time. But hey...it's his story to write.

Sure. Forstchen isn't my favorite author by far, but he paints a pretty accurate picture of what our societies would be reduced to in the event of such a collapse.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.