Random Randoms

• Cautionary tale. Get on "someone's" radar and this will happen to you. I'm watching in real-time as a local band who got a break to play a big stage is ruined by an anonymous busybody...

https://www.facebook.com/group…rmalink/3577403872498006/

Yeah, that sucks.

But if I were in that band i'd be pissed at that front man for being so outspoken and political under the official band social media accounts. That's just fucking retarded.

• Then there's Winston Marshall of Mumford & Sons, who had to quit the band (sacrificed himself, as I can tell) because of the fallout for merely agreeing with Andy Ngo. Had I remained in that band I couldn't ever look at myself in the mirror again

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• whoa

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com

• This whole thing stinks. They want to compel auto makers to keep putting AM receivers in automobiles. Under the guise of "community service". This is a desperate act of a dying industry that will ultimately fail but only be abandoned after spending billions of taxpayer dollars because you can't legislate AM in vehicles but you can surely subsidize it. And that's exactly what they'll do. Instead, why not just send every person in the country an AM crank radio? And make no mistake, "FM For Every Vehicle" is next. Because it CAN'T be their antiquated business model and product. It's GOT to be those pesky auto makers (and stupid consumers)...

State Broadcasters Go To Work On Capitol Hill For AM, LRFA - Radio Ink
    Hundreds of radio leaders and state broadcast associations from across the nation convened in Washington DC on Wednesday.
    radioink.com

• most of our problems started in 1920.

The consolidation began in 1854 in Ripon, Wisconsin. The problem began before the iron based ink was dry on the codification of the enumerated rights approved by congress on September 25, 1789. The prenascent progressives fought bitterly for complete central governmental control. Read Alexander Hamilton's outright rejection of the concept of inalienable rights in Federalist #84. Now, pardon the interruption and please return to your foozball and beatle faggottry.

Carry on.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• Sigh, was too good to be true

External Content twitter.com

• a small sliver of rEd in Kali

California city bans non-government flags, angering LGBTQ groups

California city bans non-government flags, angering LGBTQ groups
    Huntington Beach, California, votes to ban all non-government flags on city property, prompting backlash from LGBTQ advocates.
    www.foxnews.com

Progressive groups in the community fired back at the measure's passage. Peg Coley, the executive director of the LGBTQ Center Orange County, said in a statement to the media that the Huntinton Beach City Council is "run by a hateful majority whose only interest is advancing an agenda of intolerance for minority communities, including LGBTQ+ individuals."

Edited once, last by Beej ().

• Tax return season! Time to STOP buying anything until the end of April - middle June. For the same reason that you might have found yourself in Walmart on a Tuesday wondering why the place reeks of weed and is packed like it's Christmas eve only to realize it's the first of the month and all the baby mommas and their hangers on are trying to spend their welfare money as quickly as they can (not so much anymore now that .gov staggers "entitlement" payments throughout the month).

External Content www.youtube.com

Every year I see things that I have been watching for a while suddenly creep up in price around this time. Reverb has a handy price guide graph that shows average selling prices over the last two years. On most items, there's a big bump just before Christmas, then another slower slow rise through to June as single moms give their $8k tax "returns" to their boyfriends. I've been watching copies of the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour double EP pretty much double in price since January (shoulda bought in January) and I'm thinking WTF?? Then I realized, piece of shit assholes with baby mommas who get $8k tax "returns" like the Beatles too.