Random Randoms

• I'm listening to this right now. I've never listened to a Radiohead album. Honestly, I can't take much of them. I hated "Creep" when it came out. A lot. I thought it was kind of a ripoff of The Air That I Beath. Also didn't like that singer's face- and he's only gotten worse. :laughing

The article is not super informative. Guy keeps saying how the album should be considered important and great but never explains why.

That said, I do appreciate some of the stuff I've heard by them. I like the complexity and the changes. I like the production.

OK Computer - in just scanning through the songs - well that's a masterpiece. Really good.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Radiohead is really hard to listen to shoegaze music. I have no idea why people like them. Meanwhile......

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Golfed with Randy Rogers, country guy, couple days ago. I'm sure you never heard of him but he sells out 30k stadiums here in Texas.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Golfed with Randy Rogers, country guy, couple days ago. I'm sure you never heard of him but he sells out 30k stadiums here in Texas.

El Sluggo Loco should be along shortly to critique his work.

• A very good friend of mine spent some time in Nashville in the nineties. He almost made it before he pissed off  Ahmet Ertegun who told him "You'll never work in this business again". And he pretty much didn't. He runs a small recording studio and publishing house out of his home and does local gigs with his wife but that's about it. Anywho... They (he and the other Nashville songwriting plebs) were forced by their handlers and masters to get together three or four times a week to conduct songwriting "clinics". they would throw around ideas and brainstorm. It was at these "clinics" that Al realized that the country music industry is easily the most contrived portion of the music biz. Even worse than pop. EVEN WORSE THAN POP. The creators have nothing but disdain and contempt for their intended audience, which they considered to be... uneducated, unworldly, narrowminded, probably racist and afeared of the world beyond bfe. They would therefore target their subject matter toward that lowest common denominator... Subject matter like dogs and trains and trucks and exwives and beer... When they would hit on something that someone felt would stick, phrases like "the shitkickers are going to really eat this up" would often be heard. It compelled Al to become so disillusioned that he basically gave it all up.

Anyway... That video up above made me think of this story. For some reason.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• "Well, a friend of mine named Steve Goodman wrote that song

And he told me it was the perfect country & western song

I wrote him back a letter and I told him it was not the perfect country & western song

Because he hadn't said anything at all about mama

Or trains, or trucks, or prison, or gettin' drunk"

You golfed? Does it get any more ghey than that?

Just when you thought you knew someone...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• External Content youtu.be

• Think I need to stay home today. Cough medicine fucked me up last night. I never take that shit but I had this little remaining junk in my chest and it's driving me nuts so I took it.

About 30 minutes later I started feeling sick. Then I went to bed. It was late.

Was having almost hallucinations. Just borderline. Kind of tripping a little bit. And I didn't take a lot either. A normal dose.

So this morning when I woke up I felt very nauseous and I had to get back in bed. And I've just been laying in bed. I feel better now but still a little woozy.

Anyone else ever have cough syrup fuck them up?

• every time I take Nyquil.

• When I was in training in the army, we would drink nyquil for a buzz. I think it's got a little codiene in it? And it's got a LOT of alcohol in it. I remember getting called to a late night surprise formation and only just BARELY being able to muster the strength to not fall out. Thank god no one fucked up and made us have to do pushup or anything.

I've been sick for a couple days. Might have been something I ate. I haven't puked but I've had a horrible tummy ache and drippy butt. Then moving that ugly monstrosity around in my living room (we got new hard wood floors, NOT fucking laminate) I threw my back out pretty good. Bad enough I went to urgent care drug seeking. I had to pretend I wasn't sick (luckily no fever) or else they would not have seen me... Last time I jacked my back up the guy gave me a sample pack of Valium and MAN did that shit do the trick... relaxed my back and put me in a sweet fucking mood... This time he gave me some other shit that just made me irritable and disoriented, and didn't seem to help my back at all....

* - - - - Would Not Recommend

All Government is Organized Crime.