Current Events

• Post them here...

Get back to work Emmer Ephers! The meat grinder ain't done with you yet!

A Harvard-trained economist says 'early retirement is one of the worst money mistakes'—here's why you'll 'regret' it
    For most Americans, retiring early is one of the worst financial mistakes that they'll end up regretting, according to a Harvard economist. The reason, he…
    www.cnbc.com

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Truth is you all mostly likely will be able to draw Social Security when you're eligible. Who knows what it will be worth then with inflation soaring. Or even what it will be worth next year.

• You have to do this morbid math calculation of how long you'll live. I could have retired as of yesterday, but at 67 I'll get another $700/month SS, plus (hopefully) my 401k will be a lot bigger

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• As someone who was medically retired at age 52, who took up another career at age 55, who lost that career at age 57 in the 2008 crash, who took up another career at age 60, who retired from that career at age 69, who was asked to continue that career as a part-timer at age 69 and is still part-timing that job.....

...being completely retired really isn't all that good a deal for my particular personality. As you can see, I had times when I really didn't HAVE to do anything at all. I had enough money. I only had to do what I felt like doing.

That isn't good for me. I NEED something to do. Something that challenges me a bit. Something that keeps me learning new stuff.

That's why I'm still part-time sim instructing. New clients, new challenges. As the experience level of new pilots declines because the pilot pool is shallow, my instructor skills are getting a work out lately. I like that challenge.

And, of course, the extra money allows me to keep up with Biden so greatly improving the economy. :rofl

Additionally, I get to make my own schedule. So I get to do things I want to do when I want to do them. Fishing in Alaska. The upcoming long pheasant hunt in SD. Traveling to see the grandkids. The key is control of my sked. If I didn't have that, I WOULD totally retire.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited 3 times, last by Toad ().

• Ketchikan. Halibut and rockfish mostly. Some ling cod Caught a bunch of Dungeness crab but most too small to keep Coho hadn’t come in yet.

Definitely going again next year

• There's loads of good fishing up there. I never got to do any salt water fishing but I did catch crap loads of salmon (coho, sockeye, pinks), Rainbows, Artic Grayling and Dolly Varden. I never fished far enough north to catch any Arctic Char. I hooked a King Salmon in Montana Creek (tributary of the Big Susitna) north of Anchorage but I only had it on long enough to holler FISH ON!!

• You're doing everything right. I envy and admire you.