Happy Veteran's Day!

• My father was a B-25 pilot in the Pacific in WW2. My brother and I were USAF during Vietnam, although he was a stateside instructor pilot and I only patrolled offshore Vietnam after the US left.

I advised my sons not to go military after I saw what the feckless pols did to the military in Vietnam. If you're not going to fight to win, there's no point in it. I view LBJ & McNamara as men that wasted ~ 56,000 US lives.

I totally agree with that statement you posted.

• I was the only one who showed an interest in my granddad's war time. His son (my uncle) couldn't tell you what kind of airplane he was the crew chief on if you held a gun to his head... (b17f TN 42-30342 Taint' a Bird)

Operation Aphrodite
    Aphrodite and Anvil were the World War II code names of United States Army Air Forces and United States Navy operations to use B-17 and PB4Y bombers as…
    military-history.fandom.com

They should make a movie about this.

• My father was a B-25 pilot in the Pacific in WW2. My brother and I were USAF during Vietnam, although he was a stateside instructor pilot and I only patrolled offshore Vietnam after the US left.

I advised my sons not to go military after I saw what the feckless pols did to the military in Vietnam. If you're not going to fight to win, there's no point in it. I view LBJ & McNamara as men that wasted ~ 56,000 US lives.

I totally agree with that statement you posted.

I was all for nuking Afghanistan back in '01. Bleeding hearts thought we could win their hearts and minds. Nukes just wanna fly free.

• I was all for nuking Afghanistan back in '01. Bleeding hearts thought we could win their hearts and minds. Nukes just wanna fly free.

If the USA would keep its politicians from meddling in shit that does not concern our national interest, I'd like that policy.

In other words, if somebody fucks with us, <curtis lemay voice> bomb 'em back to the stone age </curtis lemay voice>

But that only works if we haven't fucked with them first. Unfortunately our shit-for-brains pols have stuck their fingers in just about everyone's pie internationally.

• If the USA would keep its politicians from meddling in shit that does not concern our national interest, I'd like that policy.

In other words, if somebody fucks with us, <curtis lemay voice> bomb 'em back to the stone age </curtis lemay voice>

But that only works if we haven't fucked with them first. Unfortunately our shit-for-brains pols have stuck their fingers in just about everyone's pie internationally.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• My father flew F-86Ds too. Was Air Defense in Japan during the Korean War.

Despite WW2 in the Air Apaches with the brutality and atrocities he never hated the Japs.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().