Things people do that annoy you.

• Well when I see them slowing down I kind of figured they're going to turn but if they put their turn signal on I would assume they're turning. If they're slowing down with their turn signal.

My main weapon in avoiding motorcycle accidents (I've never had one involving another vehicle in 40 years of regular riding) is to assume that the other road users around you are going to do anything stupid that they can and ride defensively against these things. About the only thing I don't have a defense for is getting rear ended.

• When I'm on my bike I assume that every other vehicle on the road is actively trying to kill me. Just assuming that they don't see you isn't enough; they see you and would like nothing more than to use their vehicle to murder you.

• There was a video game decades ago called Gremlins--your job was to run down pedestrians (then they turn into crosses) I pretend I'm the pedestrian they couldn't run over

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• There was a video game decades ago called Gremlins--your job was to run down pedestrians (then they turn into crosses) I pretend I'm the pedestrian they couldn't run over

Sounds a bit like Carmageddon from the 90's

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My main weapon in avoiding motorcycle accidents (I've never had one involving another vehicle in 40 years of regular riding) is to assume that the other road users around you are going to do anything stupid that they can and ride defensively against these things. About the only thing I don't have a defense for is getting rear ended.

You managed to avoid accidents for 40 years. That is a hell of an accomplishment. I was rear ended twice. You probably won't believe this next part. Both times I was rear ended I was in the same lane (middle lane of 3 on a one way street) at the same exact intersection. Same spot. This happened about 7 years apart. I was in a different vehicle the second time though.

• Have a friend had nearly same thing--was rear ended twice at red lights by women, lost a leg above the knee, rode 40 years or so with a prosthetic, finally converted his Roadking to a trike

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• I rode motorcycles for years. For several years it was my main mode of transportation.

I was a defensive rider, never stayed next to a car in either lane always - got ahead of it or behind it. Always had an exit route in case somebody was coming up from behind me.

But no matter what you do you can get wiped out in two seconds by somebody else. Doesn't matter how alert you are.

• Last night I left a Karen note on a car that was parked at the end of our driveway. You're not supposed to park there because a truck (fire) can't get by. He hugs the building and makes it difficult to get my mailbox door open because his car is 6 inches in front of it. If there's anything large in there it's even more difficult.

I asked the tire shop guy who's car it was and he told me it was the son of the lady in space 1. I like he, but that makes three cars parked when you're only allowed one.

So I knocked on her door and no one would answer. Then I wrote a note and put it in the car. I signed it and gave my space number - because I think people who leave notes should identify themselves - especially to neighbors.

When I went to take my trash out a little later they'd moved the car. Hopefully it's gone this morning. It makes it hard to back out when I only have three inches on each side.

If they park there again I'll call the property management and they'll make a sweep and make everyone park how they're supposed to... which no one does.

• When I went to take my trash out a little later they'd moved the car. Hopefully it's gone this morning. It makes it hard to back out when I only have three inches on each side.

Just go knock on the door and smile and say "thank you". If you didn't put it in the note, tell them why it makes such a difference.

More flies with honey than vinegar you know.

After that, if they do it again, slash the tires. :laughing