• I think a billboard is a bad idea for something that needs to be scanned by a phone. Usually people are driving when they see those and they don't have time to do that.

I know that I couldn't be bothered with that. if I were driving, especially.

I remember when this country station came on the air in Phoenix a long time ago. There was a huge country station called KNIX and KMLE was a new station.

Anyway on the radio nobody knew what it was. That station, KMLE. At least this is my memory that it was that station. Could have been another one. But I'm pretty sure it was them.

They started broadcasting a tone. Like a beeping kind of tone and nobody knew what the hell it was and it was like a countdown. Think it went on for 3 days or more. And then the station came on the air. That was a pretty good marketing thing because everybody was wondering what the hell that was.

• I went to a hole in the wall restaurant and asked for a menu - they had a QR code on the wall - I was like "I don't have a smart phone" (ie: I rarely carry them nowadays - I can't stand them, bane of society and all that).

Well the waitress chick was completely baffled and literally didn't know what to do. They didn't have backup paper menus, so she had to use her phone to show me the menu.

I paid in cash too, which also befuddled her.

• I was late relatively speaking to get on the smartphone bandwagon... I got an iphone 4 as my first one (12-13 years ago maybe), and I got it when that model was starting to get old. It was cool at first, but honestly it got old pretty quick and I never really took to them. I really started despising them within 2 years, and today I can't stand them.

Unfortunately the world has "moved on" and now it's like you need one to function in society. Back when they came out, they were a luxury item, and a curio at that.

They've gotten worse not better. The apps today are all addware bullshit - at least in the old days you could buy apps for like $2 and they had no adware. I really have no use for the apps, and I really don't do social media either (this site being about all I do). So like what do I need the stupid thing for ? Candy Crush ? They've also gotten so large you can't pocket them anymore like the old ones. I'm not going to rock some faggot holster or get a man purse, and I'm not gonna walk around all day, always holding one in my hand like it's a fucking vape or something.

Who do I call and talk to ? Nobody. I'll surf the web at home on my old fashioned PC. I don't look at the internet when I'm out getting shit done. The camera function is useful, I'll grant that - they do take good close up pictures but like WTF I'm not a photographer or one of those coffee shop douchebags that posts latte pics on FB.

Pocket space is always in short supply, it's tough enough carrying a gun everywhere I go.

So yeah, I don't ever check QR codes.

• Hell, my daily life revolves around mine. Whatever comes out of truck radio routes thru phone first. That said, I have scarcely any apps...a 401k I have doesn't allow mobile web access, and then there's the one for my drone. Ok, the weather too

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• The QR code thing is kind of funny though. Like post fliers in random places... stapled to grocery store billboards, street posts, left on waiting room tables all over the place etc etc - just one big QR code on a sheet of paper, no context.

And the link is for some super obscure Mr. Black type forum.

• Radio stations should give advertisers a break that play the station in their establishment with a flyer at the checkout that says "LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR?" with a QR code to the station's app.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• One thing I don't like about those codes is you can't read them - so you don't know where they will send you.

So like you could send a paper letter to someone, make it look like it came from something like amazon.com, and there's a QR code for a gift card - but it automatically sends you off to a ch**d p*rn site.

Then you are flagged at the ISP level because you actually landed on a page that made you unwittingly download some graphic files of you know what.

The government went after Alex Jones using that stunt, and he managed to get that part of his legal woes dismissed. They didn't use QR codes, they just emailed him links disguised as something else, then of course "found" it when they got a warrant for his email.

QR codes are very nasty since you can't read them with the human eye.

• I think a billboard is a bad idea for something that needs to be scanned by a phone. Usually people are driving when they see those and they don't have time to do that.

I don't drive. I live in a big city, sorry.

When I see all that QR codes on subway walls (words of prophets get washed away here every night, we are such an uncivilized nation!) - and they are everywhere, I just don't give a damn. I am literate and I'm a boomer - so i know how to google. And I have forgot more than people showing me QRs have ever knew.