Masters of the Air

• Canadians and their condescending fake politeness are the worst. And they fucking HATE Americans. The barely contained contempt boiling just below the surface... you don't like us, so figure it the fuck out then.

You're just used to dealing with Canadians out East. Ask Slamfire, he's front out there, and though there are many like Slam who are normal decent people, there is a majority who are as you described. How do you think we've been stuck with Trudeau for so long?

While there are idiots out here in the West, the ratio is a lot lower. SO many Calgarians with $ that I know are peacing out for the USA.

• I copied and pasted cells in1st gen spreadsheets, and also went through endless file cabinets... hunting for typed inventory lists. Very hard on the arms and fingers.... several papercuts on that shitty see through paper.

I worked without air conditioning and sat on worn out wooden 1950s office furnishings. The coffee sucked. The bathrooms stank something terrible as well.

I hope Masters of the Air honored my service too.

• Don't get me wrong, those are "ok" sticks, but they are the bottom end of the VKB lineup. Tons of guys in AH and DSC are using them though.

Slam if you're serious hang on a bit, when I get the new Gunfighter model into my hands you can have my Gunfighter 3, and I have the F14, Luftwaffe, and Space grips for it, which won't work with the new GF4 as they've changed the connectors. The STECSS mini throttle is around $220 I think, and their pedals you can find used for $125 ish for a good set. I have that exact stick but for the Gunfighter, but IMO the stock Ultimate grip on the GF is the way to go.

The Gunfighter is IMO the best stand alone desktop stick you can get right now. The StECS throttle is exceptional for the price, and again, the pedals are fantastic.

I should be sharing around a lot of the hotas I've collected over the years, at least the one I have doubles of, which are many. 4 complete Warthog sets, a couple Cougars etc. TM really pissed me off with the stick issues, it seemed all I did was tear them apart to regrease them or change out the sticktion ring. They did hit one out of the part with their F16 throttle - I've been using a Cougar throttle for DCS F16 flying but after trying their new F16 throttle in a store, I'm sold, it is solid AF and doesn't have the wear issues that the stick has had. So ya, once I get my new order of VKB, Virpil, and that TM throttle I'll let you know Slamfire.

I have some extra codes for DCS modules as well - I need to contact ED to be sure they'll still allow me to transfer them, but it shouldn't be an issue. I gave several to MurderFace a while before he passed, and I know he had a lot of fun with them but was just started to figure things out when he got so sick. Fuck I hate illness, everything about it.

• Well for now I'm slowly reorganizing stuff and still trying to throw shit out. I'm about 50/50 that the old Cougar HOTAs are still in the attic, like new... If they are, I might just get that new VIRP (or whatever base for it) and see how I like it. I know one pot was bad - I think on the throttle, but I did get a replacement one and still have it so I can fix it. I'm also going to attempt to fix up my CH pro rudders - I put them back together after cleaning, light greasing a while back at didn't index it right - plus the pots are old and I do have good new replacements. I'll get my own house in order before making any moves for new things.

I really miss virtual flying though. Oh and I can't stand twisty sticks, even if they are disabled, so that VKB stick I linked is no go for me.

• I am one of those people that could enjoy MS Flight Simulator for what it is - like if there was a cast of characters/friends online, all just flying I could totally get into that even if there's no real goal except fly from point A to point B in the virtual world.

While it didn't do this in the stock config, you could set the sim to keep working while minimized - so that you could take a big Jet up, set up the autopilot just right, then do your daily routine with the app minimized, and it would keep running.... So like you'd come back in 4 hours (or whatever), and change a waypoint or land etc. Few people would just sit there all day watching the paint dry.

• I flew Dallas to Ottawa several times VFR in real time over the years (no maps or navigation) in a DC3. The sim was good enough as to pull it off, and that's when it was Flight Sim X. Now it's photo realistic apparently (My PC can't run it - need a new one).

• We're a border state. Fucking pushy Canadians get irate when you tell them you won't ship to Canada. Fuck em. I had one guy call Polaris to complain. What did he think that would get him? I won't even get into the hows or why's. "Our cc system will not accept international sales, sorry." "Well, there must be something that can be done, eh?" "Nope. Sorry. Click."

We stopped shipping to Canada too. So they still try to buy stuff of our website and then the shopping cart won't work and they try calling us.

So one guy recently selected "local pickup" for his order and paid for his stuff anyway. That was like a month and a half ago and I still have it sitting on my desk. Behind my desk rather. I guess he thought that I would ship it anyway.

It's not just Canada. We stopped shipping internationally. Had one guy in the UK refuse to pay the duties that his own country adds. He complained to me about it. Like it's our responsibility because his country charges import duties.

So fuck them.