Desantis quits. Endorses Trump

• No. My wife inherited her mother’s house last April. We came down here in July to clean it out and sell it. The wife talked me into just keeping it and staying here. As much as I enjoyed our property in TN, and building our house, the reality was I only had time to work on the house on the weekends, and it seemed to rain every weekend. A year in and I had the foundation piers, subfloor, and about 90% of the framing done.

Spent most of the rest of her inheritance fixing the place up. I used a bit of the money I saved over the years for the TN house to pay off some debt, bought a small airplane, and a few project cars. I’ve retired for the time being, and we are able to live off my Navy retirement and the wife’s disability. You know, like a couple of government moochers. lol.

The only things I really miss from TN are how quiet it was, and the ladies I worked with at the Domestic Violence Shelter (not the clients though). Other than that, Huntsville/Oneida had a little too much of the hypocritical type of Bible thumping for me.

I'm glad to hear that you're realizing the American Dream by inheriting wealth and receiving government checks. That's how it's done.

• I'm glad to hear that you're realizing the American Dream by inheriting wealth and receiving government checks. That's how it's done.

Yeah, well I earned my check according to contract. The inheritance was just a bonus, and considering what a cunt the mother in law was to everyone around her, my wife earned that too.

• If I was Desantis, I'd take a hard look at all my advisors. The problem isn't that they convinced him to run. The problem is that they convinced him to run counter to Trump. Not because he was better, but because Trump was worse, if you follow my meaning. And that may have damaged his brand permanently outside of Florida. At this stage, Vivek would have a better shot than Desantis in 2028.

But, no matter the outcome of the Presidential election, local leaders may be more important. We'll find out with what happens concerning Eagle Pass, Texas. And Desantis is doing a good job in Florida.

• If I was Desantis, I'd take a hard look at all my advisors. The problem isn't that they convinced him to run. The problem is that they convinced him to run counter to Trump. Not because he was better, but because Trump was worse, if you follow my meaning. And that may have damaged his brand permanently outside of Florida. At this stage, Vivek would have a better shot than Desantis in 2028.

But, no matter the outcome of the Presidential election, local leaders may be more important. We'll find out with what happens concerning Eagle Pass, Texas. And Desantis is doing a good job in Florida.

I've said all along that I like what he's doing in Florida. When Trump is not around, he'll have a much better shot at President.

There was just no fucking way that he was going to compete with Trump.

• But, no matter the outcome of the Presidential election, local leaders may be more important. We'll find out with what happens concerning Eagle Pass, Texas. And Desantis is doing a good job in Florida.

How can you say that Ron Desantis has been good for Florida and that Local leaders may be more important in the same paragraph. Under Desantis’ administration and Rick Scott before him local leadership has eroded and more power centralized in Tallahasse.

• He got self-prescribed Progressives and Communists to defend the Libertarian Utopia of Disney's privatized municipal utility district, private police and fire dept, run by a mega corporation.

That alone is fucking hilarious.

what's so bad about that? Disney has to pay for everything themselves, plus - who cares?

• what's so bad about that? Disney has to pay for everything themselves, plus - who cares?

The infrastructure in their area is better than almost everywhere in the state too.

I was against what DeSantis did there because it was nothing but openly using state government for retaliation for Disney publicly disagreeing with his policies. Seemed like an attack on free speech.

• No. My wife inherited her mother’s house last April. We came down here in July to clean it out and sell it. The wife talked me into just keeping it and staying here. As much as I enjoyed our property in TN, and building our house, the reality was I only had time to work on the house on the weekends, and it seemed to rain every weekend. A year in and I had the foundation piers, subfloor, and about 90% of the framing done.

Spent most of the rest of her inheritance fixing the place up. I used a bit of the money I saved over the years for the TN house to pay off some debt, bought a small airplane, and a few project cars. I’ve retired for the time being, and we are able to live off my Navy retirement and the wife’s disability. You know, like a couple of government moochers. lol.

The only things I really miss from TN are how quiet it was, and the ladies I worked with at the Domestic Violence Shelter (not the clients though). Other than that, Huntsville/Oneida had a little too much of the hypocritical type of Bible thumping for me.

Are you still near The Pillages ?