At The Movies

• I'm trying to watch episode #6 of Monsieur Spade.... says it "isn't available in my location"

WTF? It's not a fucking NFL game

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• I started watching the new Amazon Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It's not bad, but I feel my attention getting drawn to pretty much anything else.

It differs from the movie a bit. Basically two strangers get willingly put together to act as spies / agents / assassins / a married couple. But they are two millenials. Donald Glover is alright, but his counterpart is a dull dishrag. Completely lacking in charisma and screen presence.

• Beekeeper- I liked it for the same reason. Plus Statham hates the left.

Dune 2 - I can't wait until March 1. Dune part 1 was my favorite film of the last 10 years, and early reports from some Youtube channels I watch and trust say it's possibly the best scifi film of all time. I usually have a hook up at our local Imax, but even those screener tickets are all spoken for, so I have to wait until opening day/night.

I've been watching "See" on Apple+ with Jason Mamoa, pretty good so far, 1/2 way through season 2.

I'll give Mr/Mrs Smith a whirl tonight too. Monsieur Spade is on the list too.

• Watching the trailers and I can tell they're going to fuck up Dune 2. The first Dune was passable, but the director changed so much important stuff that we're now going to suffer the consequences.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• I can't even muster the energy required to finish Masters of the Air. And that's a goddam travesty. Been waiting for this for like ten years.

Your efforts were not wasted as they forewarned me not to waste my time on this debacle. Thank you for saving my precious life experience for more rewarding leisure time.

And thank you for your service, Slug.

• That actually would be hilarious to have a web forum as a non-profit. There's no reason why it couldn't be done actually. Maybe could play fast and loose with the mission statement, and get some sweet Soros money.

• A casual cash injection of a few mil, let -gg- declare every expense imaginable, and be set up for life. Make it some bullshit voter awareness/mobilization action organization that prioritizes new undocumented immigrants. Of course, it becomes a bogged down bureaucracy with endless board meetings and non-nonsensical motions.... Just killing the clock and gently draining the fund on expenses (like Rent, Utilities, "Community Meals", Lee press on nails and shit). Use ChatGPT to craft the mission statement and necessary documents/forms. Have it dress up the minutes of meetings etc.

All you have to do is set up some folding tables now and then, cater a few meals, and take lots of smiling and thumbs up pics. Have a few training classes in filling out ballots. Hire a couple mexicans to act as shills. I should have thought of this a lot sooner.

Piece of cake.