Elon Musk Claims The New Tesla Roadster Hits 60 MPH In Less Than One Second

• Lotus Evija is a 2000hp AWD all electric hypercar and they only promise sub 3 second 0 to 60. The AMG one has an F1 style V6 and 3 electric motors. Porsche 918 Spyder, Acura NSX, bunch of others use similar setups, lots of beastly cars in the low 2s.

1 second, you need huge drag strip slicks, or a solid or liquid fueled rocket.

• Musk probably hired these guys for his R&D

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't know what you guys are thinking, but the s plaid was tested by motortrebd under two seconds on a prepped track. And then they tested on their own on an unprepped track and the difference was only .09 seconds slower.

The car is fast as fuck. No special tires other than what it comes with. No drag tires or any of that shit.

Not only is it that fast, it is consistently that fast. Like every single time it runs that fast. With almost no variance.

So you think that it's impossible for Tesla to get a car to one second or even under one second? I don't.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-tesla-model-s-plaid-first-test-review/

• A client has a completely blacked out Plaid and wants to take me for a ride. I kind of don't want to do that. =O :damn

• Considering Moment Of Inertia and exponential wind resistance, let alone traction... going from 0 - 60 in 2 seconds to 0 - 60 in 1 second will require a LOT more than just doubling horsepower.

But.. just Moment Of Inertia alone... Those cars are heavy, and just motivating it to move at all take convincing. And just the nature of the beast alone (MOI is actually more about acceleration than just movement) requires exponentially MORE power to accelerate faster and faster.

*Slam actually touched on the reason going from 2 seconds to 1 second would be incredibly difficult.. The very reason that the plane WOULD NOT FLY in the treadmill trick AS WRITTEN is why acceleration at this level **with this much mass** is VERY difficult.

• I grew up in the shadow of that ramp. I know where this madness leads, and ends. You guys need to stop now, lest you end up like Kenny Powers.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• He was going to jump 1 mile across the ST Lawrence Seaway and cross the Canada/US border.

Had it been successful:

- US Customs "Anything to declare ?"

-Kenny "Yeah. One piss soaked jumpsuit and a cowboy hat".

• I don't know what you guys are thinking, but the s plaid was tested by motortrebd under two seconds on a prepped track. And then they tested on their own on an unprepped track and the difference was only .09 seconds slower.

A little over 2 seconds on street legal tires is possible within the limits of physics. 1 second is not.

Tesla track packages have a total contact patch around 40". Drag car's can be over 500".

1 second without a rocket takes grip that doesn't exist in street tires.

Also, Elon says a lot of shit that's never come true and was never going to. Fucking hypertubes. Take a train and make it shitty.

• It's going to have to be rockets. Tires don't really matter with the rockets.

Yes, but the pitch on the Roadster has been cold gas rockets. You can't fit a big enough high pressure tank in the car to get enough energy to make it feasible. Unless Tesla makes some absolutely radical advance in materials technology that changes the world as we know it... and uses it to make a car faster.

• How do you know that?

All I know is what he said.

Ever a showman, Musk didn't stop there. He announced that the car will be a collaboration between Tesla and his rocket company, SpaceX. He reposted a series of Tweets from 2018 teasing a "SpaceX option package" that would include 10 small rocket thrusters attached throughout the car. "These rocket engines dramatically improve acceleration, top speed, braking & cornering. Maybe they will even allow a Tesla to fly . . . "wrote Musk.