Seeing pronouns on a resume.

• The first thing I would assume is that the person is an unhireable fucking idiot.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When stupid forms that have your preferred pronouns as an optional fill in, I always put "His Majesty/Your Highness" in. I then add a foot note that I have a 23 and me link to King Richard's DNA (he fathered at least a couple hundred bastard children they say, so the odds are if you have an ancestry in the UK, you have a fair chance at being a descendent, and thus claimant to the throne).

Here behind the lines in Canada, this is become very common on various forms/etc.

• Turns out that as a foreman, hiring is a thing I'm involved in. We're hiring a WG-8 mechanic. Based on the pay and job description, it'll probably a guy with just a few years experience. I get to look over resumes that have been referred to us by the hiring manager. And my supervisor wants me to come up with a few questions to ask during the interview. I think he wants technical questions, but he didn't actually say. Here are my ideas so far:

How would you go about installing a cup and cone wheel bearing when you don't have a manual?

How can you tell if a bolt you're looking at is metric or standard?

How do you know if you're looking at a pipe thread fitting?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What values of your previous/current employer most align with yours?

What are your pronouns?

Actually I think I'll ask about THEIR pronouns first thing. More likely to get a funny reaction, and if it's something they actually care about one way or the other it might screw up the rest of their interview.

• Not for you personally to be worried. But if you want to hire somebody good you don't want to ask that shit.

For one you might turn somebody off thinking that you guys are some woke organization. For another, you might find some closeted pronoun user that normally wouldn't have been comfortable using a pronoun suddenly feeling that it's okay to tell you that. And then scratch that guy.

The main reason is you don't want to come across is that kind of an organization do you?

• This screams “cock sucker”, and unfortunately is the case for most of the .gov employees.

• I get emails pretty often from people in other departments who have their pronouns in their signatures. We also have a flamboyant admin dude who officially changed his name to something fabulous. So I reckon we are that kind of organization. I don't want to hire some dipshit who can't handle it. Part of the job is not creating unnecessary trouble for me. I have to make sure I'm hiring someone who is capable of successfully navigating woke culture. It's a job requirement.