Radio Station Name

• That the algorithm. It thinks that you will like that kind of music, so you see that ad and get fed that music. No different than any other kind of ad you might see. They have a lot of data on what your habits and tastes are and they try to get stuff to you that you like so they can keep you listening and happy.

They do not more money for certain songs. They do pay artists a little bit more if a subscriber listens as opposed to a free account.

Payola is still illegal.

This proves my point. The algorithm feeds him music that is structurally and sonically similar to what he listens to but since it's not familiar, it's obviously garbage.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• This proves my point. The algorithm feeds him music that is structurally and sonically similar to what he listens to but since it's not familiar, it's obviously garbage.

No, that's not what I was saying.

Spotify occasionally tries to feed me something that sounds NOTHING like what I was listening to. Often, but not always, advertisements precede this "attempt."

• If it's played on the radio I don't listen. I lusten to deep cuts and new releases.

Lately I'm digging southern far more than snything else.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• storch

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Modern music is a VAST amount of music. Why would you care about a pop chart?

The kind of stuff you might like will never be on s chart like that.

I'm not going to recommend anything because I have my tastes are different than yours. If you want to find what you like, I'd start listening to Spotify and playing songs you already like and skipping ones you don't like. Then it will present stuff in a similar style and you might find other stuff you like.

But if you're just trying to be a dick and say that there's no good music and are not really interested in any new music, then no one can help you.

People get older and they like what they like, I guess. But there's lots of stuff I like that's new.

• OK, gimme 2-3 I should try. Not the same 2 as sluggo obviously.

I'll give you one.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well... You've told us already that you're really not a music fan. It's not for everyone, it's OK. I think a possible majority of people just think of music as organized pleasant noise. And what's better than familiar organized pleasant noise?

I may not have been clear. I love listening to music, I just have no talent for making or playing it and as such I have no interest in that end of it.

• Pop music is and always has been a packaged commodity specifically designed for consumption by the masses. It has been purely accidental almost every time good rock music has made it into the top ten pop charts and the cigar chomping fat cats rectified the sitch as quickly as they could.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Here's a fairly modern song I like

External Content youtu.be

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• My experience in that area is similar to Toad's, except that the main difference I noticed between Pandora and Spotify is that Pandora was capable of pointing me to groups like Elephant Revival, whereas Spotify would just send me to something that had absolutely no resemblance to the artist I started the station for. (Which was Gillian Welch)

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively