Song Interpretations - Post a song, discuss the lyrics and what they mean to you

• Official Post

I like this song a lot..

The lyrics are pretty ambiguous but I like them. I just like the words Even though I'm not sure what they mean.

And that's what I mean about ambiguous lyrics. I mostly like the way they sound and the feeling they bring without really flat out beating you over the head with a literal meaning.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The lights go out and I can't be saved

Tides that I tried to swim against

Have brought me down upon my knees

Oh, I beg, I beg and plead

Singin' come out of things un said

Shoot an apple off my head

And a trouble that can't be named

A tiger's waiting to be tamed, singin'

You are

You are

Confusion that never stops

Closing walls and ticking clocks

Gonna come back and take you home

I could not stop that you now know

Singin' come out upon my seas

Cursed missed opportunities

Am I a part of the cure

Or am I part of the disease? Singin'

You are

You are

You are

You are

You are

You are

And nothing else compares

Oh, no, nothing else compares

And nothing else compares

You are

You are

Home, home, where I wanted to go

• Official Post

Kind of on the OP subject of song interpretations.

This song of mine is a demo. I recorded it as I made it up. I was not thinking about the lyrics, but tonight I took about 10 minutes to write down the lyrics and modify them so they have some kind of meaning.

Originally I was kind of thinking "don't think twice, its not like you are gonna die if you try to be nice" was maybe about my dad. Or maybe other people who have kind of not treated me so well.

Now I'm thinking I could make this about my ego telling me these things. Usually our egos (inner view of ourselves) tell us negative things. Our egos make us afraid of what people think of us, or worry about how we are perceived.

So I'm going to try to make these lyrics about an ego that encourages me instead.

When I transitioned, I imagined what other people would think. I was afraid. Then I thought to myself. So what? Why should I care what people think? If I saw a guy dressed like a girl, I might look.. but two seconds later I'd be on to my own busniness.

It doesn't matter what people think, but our egos try to convince us that it does.

it doesn't mater if you fail. If you show venerability. Kindness.

So my lyrics are about an ego that is encouraging.

I think our egos hold us back. If you forget your ego, you will rule the world.

Here's what I have so far - told from my ego's perspective.

verse

Don't think twice

It's not like you are gonna die

If you try to be nice

Maybe just hold some things inside

I won't lie

So you can do anything you like

Stars all shine

You can be anything you like

chorus

I think we could rule the world

I'll maybe leave fools alone

ah.....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• These are the lyrics I hear when I carefully listen to the song. I understand the lyrics are still a work in progress and are therefore are not yet complete.

"Rule the World" Lyrics

Don’t think twice

It’s not like you are gonna die

If you try - to be nice

Maybe just hold some things inside

And I - won’t lie

So I can do anything you like

And fall - be like

You cutie anything you like

And Allah. - maybe we can rule the world

And I’ll farm - maybe so far the world

All alone

Fall be liking new rhyme

Don’t be laughing alone inside

Come on maybe we’ll rule the world

And far away, took yourself start to chills

I’ll know - ew ewww ew, ew ewww ew

Don’t fall too far - It’s like a dove fall you are

If the don’t think twice maybe we’ll put some things aside

I’ll try to be like - hard to just slap down the lines

Allah - maybe we’ll rule the world

Elmo - checkin our libidos

But I don’t know maybe leave fools alone

Allah - Maybe we’ll rule the world

Allah - check yourself stand on woooo ew

Serving Allahhh ahh

• Official Post

I'd have to go back and listen to the song to pick out any of the lyrics but most of the lyrics that you're having trouble with are because I just sang whatever popped into my head. Sometimes they're not even words they're just a melody that will fit with roughly the rhyme or phrase that will fitbut not an actual word.

I literally just blurt out words and I have a melody already that seems to come with the music. So even though I'm just making something up I kind of already know what the melody is going to be when I just try to make something sound like it will fit melodically and with the correct number of syllables.

It's sort of like rapping. And I'm not good at rapping. Lol.

But eventually what I'll do is I will listen to the song again and then figure out what it's kind of saying and then make the words make sense around the melody and the number of syllables that need to be in each part..