• How do I stay safe while making baits when you take into account my seizures?

I don't want to quit making baits but if I can't figure out how to stay safe then I will probably have to.

Give me some ideas here. Supervision from the family isn't likely to happen due to scheduling issues, so that idea is out.

• How often?

What are the parameters, as in Falling? Or do you just zone out?

Has it happened before?

How long do they last?

When I kept logs, I had 3-8 seizures a month and in a couple of instances I had 2 in one day. (It only takes two/month to put you on disability.)

Twice now I've had them in the garage while working with hot plastic, like 350+ degrees hot. Both times I was fortunate enough to not fall, if I had I would've likely been burned badly.

I always know they are coming but not in time to do anything to ensure my safety. All of a sudden I can't move, at all, until I start shaking. They usually start with one arm flopping around uncontrollably and then they spread, to the other arm, my torso, then a leg and then the other leg. If both legs start shaking I hit the floor. With just one leg shaking, sometimes I hit the floor and sometimes not.

Both seizures while working in the garage happened just as I set a measuring cup of hot plastic on the bench and since I'd already lost body control, I couldn't let go of the measuring cup either time. I stood there shaking and watching the plastic sloshing around in the measuring cup hoping it wouldn't spill and burn my hand. (I could prevent burns on my hands simply by wearing heat gloves ALL of the time.)

What happens if I fall when holding a cup of hot plastisol that I can't let go of? I'm gonna get burned, and burned badly. I wasn't to worried after the first time because I thought the timing of the seizure would have to be like lightning striking twice. Well, here we are. Lightning has indeed struck twice now and I've been very fortunate that I didn't get hurt either time.

The seizures only last a couple of minutes but depending on how bad they are full recovery can take over 18 hours. The one I had in St Joseph's Hospital was a really bad one. My heart rate hit 191 and my blood pressure hit 190/130. Immediately after it was over I passed out and didn't wake up for 4 hours. I was awake for an hour and then slept 12 straight.

• Official Post

Maybe you should sit down when you're handling that stuff and have it out in front of you on a table. Like far enough out in front of you that you wouldn't pull your hand backwards toward your body.

Or maybe you could make something that will pour it for you. Like you could put it into a container that you could tip by pulling a string or pushing a rod or something like that. But definitely be sitting down when you're working so you can't hit the floor.

I know you can't always be sitting down though.

You could also pad the floor where you work.

Another thing is that you might wire 220 to your balls so that if you start to shake they clap together and shock the shit out of you and wake you out of that spasm.

• I already have a 1" thick mat on the floor in front of the bench. I'm not sure if what you suggest would be helpful in preventing injury. Watch the video I'm linking to get a better idea of what happens to me.

This video is an example of what mine are like, only the movement of my appendages tends to be more, vigorous.

https://www.bing.com/videos/se…e%2Bvideo%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

• Medications such as Keppra and Lamictal have no effect on my seizures since mine aren't caused by abnormal brainwave activity. (I know, I know, I'm not abnormal? :P ) Instead they are caused by severe PTSD, also known as Complex PTSD.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh man. Sorry you're shuttin' down, even if just for a while. I can help you set up a dedicated DCS server if you want to explore that. I doubt there's any money to be made at it but who knows. You need bandwidth if you host many players but the machine itself does not need to be very powerful. I'll also be glad to help make any tutorial videos if you want to grow those on your channel. I'm quite experienced at showing how to crash or get shot down.

I have some experience with scripting missions too, though very limited, if you want to host some unique scenarios. I welcome an opportunity to learn more of the moose or mist scripting languages.