Russia begins invasion of Ukraine - what now?

• It will be interesting watching the markets starting tomorrow morning and going forward. I think we could see some big swings. Both Commodities and stocks will be very volatile. Then Tuesday we have the State of the Union. It will be an interesting week for sure.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Whaaaaaaat?

You mean to tell me the Poles aren’t grateful to the Russians for coming in from the East to help fight the Germans?

Seriously, at least the Brits and Frogs did declare war. Not that they were in a position to help militarily. It’s the thought that counts, right?

• Whaaaaaaat?

You mean to tell me the Poles aren’t grateful to the Russians for coming in from the East to help fight the Germans?

Seriously, at least the Brits and Frogs did declare war. Not that they were in a position to help militarily. It’s the thought that counts, right?

So now you are defending Stalin? If this was the 50's you'd be on a list. The House Un-American Activities Committee would be "examining your file". The Poles were not liberated, they just exchanged one dictator for another.

"General Patton was a racist with pretty much the same views as the Nazies, and he wanted the US to join Nazies in fighting the Soviet Union. He also wanted to immediately attack the Soviet Union after the end of WWII, when the Soviet Union was largely depleted."

History may have proved him right.

• This may help. Here is an example of the personality of an Air Force Officer. The kind I have worked with in the past. They were thoughtful, disciplined, funny, intellectual.

Toad is a mystery to me. So I study him.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So now you are defending Stalin?

Gina, please get us a big sarcasm flag or tag or smilie or something.

Clearly, Wayne is not tuned in to my style.

For Wayne: No, I am NOT defending Stalin. Go look up the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Did you know the optimistic Poles actually thought the Russians were crossing their eastern border in order to help the Poles fight the Germans? You knew that, right? Except Hitler and Stalin agreed to screw the Poles in late August of '39 and divvy up the territory between them.

Thus ends today's history lessons....I hope.

• And you think mine are not?

Yes, in fact I do. Clearly, I'm not in tune with your style either.

Because I'd have to side with Soth (kinda afraid to say "Lord" yanno). You just seem to be another victim of severe TDS.

I have to guess your Air Force Officer personality comment is a slap at me. I guess I'm not thoughtful, disciplined, funny, intellectual in your humble opinion.

I admire your analytical powers. You've read what? 20 or so of my posts, missed the point of almost all of them and came to that conclusion? Or am I missing your point? LOL!

The Air Force itself thought pretty highly of me; I stick with their opinon.

• This is priceless! OK ok I apologize for the whole thing. I plead guilty as charged. LMAO! I take it all back. Well most of it. You are "thoughtful, disciplined, funny, intellectual " You don't love Stalin but it would be a stretch for us to claim that our opinions were humble. I never met an Air Force guy that didn't think he was better than every other services. I consider that a good thing.

8)

• The Ukrainians have been very successful in using their Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 UAVs to interdict Russian supply convoys. The Russians don't seem to have the capability to detect them easily, with the UAV

command signals being bounced off Turkish military satellites.

External Content youtu.be

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• External Content twitter.com