Russia begins invasion of Ukraine - what now?

• This is from a Greek source lots of video at the link:

https://warnews247-gr.translat…r_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Russia wins: All of Donbass history lost to Kyiv - 50,000 Ukrainian soldiers surrounded!Ukrainian forces cut off in Kharkov as well

telegram sharing button
    sharethis sharing button

Article writer: Vassilis Kapoulas

A "bomb" has exploded for several hours at the headquarters of the Ukrainian Armed Forces as the historic Donbass border (not those controlled before the Donetsk-Lugansk war) passes under Russian control.

Ukraine is losing an entire administrative district and the worst is yet to come: the Ukrainian forces defending Kharkov are also surrounded.

The Russians moving in two directions (see map below) closed the pocket they had artificially created with the result that 50-60,000 Ukrainian soldiers, the most ready of the Ukrainian Army, are currently surrounded.

In the last 48 hours, in SE Ukraine the progress of the Russian Army and Donetsk-Lugansk forces is focused on the following points:

In the control of the cities of Mariupol, Skadovsk, Volnovakha (junction and stronghold of the Ukrainian forces) and Popasnaya, in the occupation of the city of Izyum in Kharkov and in the encirclement of 50-60,000 Ukrainian forces in Donbass.

The Russians have hit Ukrainian forces hard with surgical moves. See the maps how they have changed in the area.

The city of Skadovsk, which is controlled by the Russian Army, is located 94 km from the Kherson region. It is a port in the Black Sea region of southern Ukraine. The Russians now control the entire coastline of Hersonissos.

At the same time in Mariupol Russian forces have entered the city and are developing in the areas Zhovtnevyi, Kalmiuskyi and Livoberezhnyi.

• Here it comes...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• and this is what the oil companies are doing to us

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c…se-output-climate-change/

REPORT: Democrats Met With Oil Execs Last Year And Pressured Them To Decrease Output Over Climate Change

Democrats are not trying to fix the problem of high gas prices, they’re trying to transform the country to green energy.

They’re so obsessed with climate change that they even had a meeting with oil executives last year and pressured them to decrease output.

Imagine how different things might be now if they had not done this.

The Washington Free Beacon reports:

How Dems Helped Spike Gas Prices

Despite reassurances from the White House that it is doing nothing to discourage oil companies from opening new drill sites, President Joe Biden’s allies in Congress just months ago pressured oil executives to decrease outputs because of climate change, raising questions about the Democratic Party’s strategy to lower prices for consumers.

In late October, for example, the House Oversight and Reform Committee called in the CEOs of Exxon, BP, Shell, and Chevron to explain what steps they are taking to produce less oil and gas, with Rep. Hank Johnson (D., Ga.) alleging that “the world can’t wait” any longer. At the time, gas prices were hovering around a 10-year high.

The hearing has gained new relevance as a global gas shortage has pushed prices to an all-time high. Prices are rising even more due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, with no sign of falling after Biden’s announcement that the United States will no longer accept Russian oil imports. Those facts have left Democrats scrambling for a solution before the November midterms as Republicans demand that the White House encourage domestic oil drilling operations.

Meanwhile, the price of gas just keeps going up.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The Democrats don’t want to solve this problem because they want people to use less gas.

This is all part of their plan.

• in 2008 oil was selling at 145. price per gallon was lower than now. bush was president. I quit my job as it was costing me 100 a day for gas. just like then I didn't blame Bush. oil companies set the price. they take refineries out for "maintenance" at the time they can squeeze the most profits out of us. in 2008 chevron was making 30 billion in profits can't remember if a month or quarter.

today I checked the price 2 arco gas stations have a price difference of 50 cents both are less than a mile from my house. mobil supplies arco gas station from same trucks that also supply Mobil stations. Mobil oil is higher than both arco stations.

check in your city why gas is different in price from same company. you think any president sets that price?

• in 2008 oil was selling at 145. price per gallon was lower than now. bush was president. I quit my job as it was costing me 100 a day for gas. just like then I didn't blame Bush. oil companies set the price. they take refineries out for "maintenance" at the time they can squeeze the most profits out of us. in 2008 chevron was making 30 billion in profits can't remember if a month or quarter.

Nice conspiracy theory but the facts say otherwise.

https://www.resources.org/comm…-shock-markets-or-mayhem/

“ Why did oil prices spike in 2008, and what role (if any) did speculators play?

Perhaps a useful starting point is to observe that, while 2008 exhibits an extraordinarily large price swing, volatility in oil prices is ordinarily quite high because the underlying demand and supply curves are so inelastic. Demand is inelastic due to long lead times for altering the stock of fuel-consuming equipment. Supply is inelastic in the short term because it takes time to augment the productive capacity of oil fields. Price volatility provides incentives to hold inventories, but since inventories are costly they are not sufficient to fully offset the rigidity of supply and demand.

The steep ascent in the price of oil between 2004 and 2008 coincided with the first significant decrease in non-OPEC supply since 1973 and an unprecedented surge in global demand. Although OPEC members responded by increasing their production, they lacked sufficient capacity after years of restrained field investments to bridge the growing gap between global demand and non-OPEC supply.”

And

Finally, we might ask whether price fixing, rather than speculation per se, might be responsible for the dramatic increase in price. OPEC does engage in price fixing, and oil prices would not have reached $145 per barrel if OPEC had not previously restricted investment in new capacity. But OPEC did not actually take any positive action in 2007 or 2008 that precipitated the price spike. OPEC aside, there is no evidence of price fixing on the part of anyone else, which includes both speculators and the oil companies.

• not the same...

World oil prices skyrocketed from about $90 a barrel in January 2008 to cross the $140 a barrel mark in June, finally hitting a record high of $147 a barrel on July 11, 2008 before collapsing to less than $40 a barrel in December.

• Prices increased as it became apparent who the next US president would be, duh.

actually it was 2020 and many people weren't driving as much. then as people started driving more prices increased.

like I said before check prices around your house. within 3 miles of my house the spread is 1.19. arco alone has 6 gas stations with a difference of 60 cents.

• Exactly. If the oil companies had the ability to artificially peg the price I would bet that they would keep the price high at all times.

Not necessarily. Even if you have a complete monopoly on an entire industry, you can't just gouge prices on a permanent basis. Doing so invites government scrutiny. That can lead to government interference in the form of increased taxes and punitive regulation.

Moreover, hyper-inflated fuel prices would lead to increased investment from local, state and federal agencies into public transportation. That and high fuel prices would kill the automotive industry. (The government would not let that happen.)

But most importantly, Perpetually gouged fuel prices guarantee from smaller start-up oil companies. (The major oil players wouldn't like that.)

Either one of those would be cost prohibitive for "Big Oil."

• actually it was 2020 and many people weren't driving as much. then as people started driving more prices increased.

like I said before check prices around your house. within 3 miles of my house the spread is 1.19. arco alone has 6 gas stations with a difference of 60 cents.

2020 prices started increasing right after the election

• Official Post

holy crap. Look at this. Russian tank brigade wiped out. Commander killer. Tanks pooping like they are nothing.

External Content youtu.be

• holy crap. Look at this. Russian tank brigade wiped out. Commander killer. Tanks pooping like they are nothing.

External Content youtu.be

Good show.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

Edited once, last by GeeEss ().