Ack Passed....

• Oh no!

Fuck.

Poor guy. He had just retired and was beginning to work on his master's degree in history. This is horrible. I had a lot of good times flying with him and chatting on vox. We were on the Elite Top Aces + One Mexican squad and he was the Mexican. lol. He insisted on that.

He was like an AH historian. He had an amazing memory and sense of humor for the events and characters in this game.

This is a shock to me.

• Son of a bitch, that really sucks. I remember the medical issues he had but I thought he was beyond that. Especially when he said he was going back to school.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• Son of a bitch, that really sucks. I remember the medical issues he had but I thought he was beyond that. Especially when he said he was going back to school.

I'd known him since AirWarrior days, long before I met most of you folks.

I used to quote/replace several folks comments on FW (including his) with .gifs that were intended to be humorous. I never sepcifically told him that and I guess I always thought that he understood the humor and now I sure hope he did.

• I want to post some of the final PMs I had with AckAck on FW, regarding his excitment at taking early retirement, his future plans, and common interests and education (history B.A. etc). I've known AckAck since he started flying AH, he worked at CH Products back then, and we dealt with them a lot when I was the [email protected].

I had coined the title of "Repository of AH history " regarding AckAck as well 10 years ago or so. There was nothing about the game or its players that he didn't know when I'd ask him. So many funny stories he remembered, I'll miss not being able to bounce any of that off him again. I like others here always got along well with him despite different political outlooks/etc - he always made that easy to set aside I found.

He had lost SO much weight at one point, he was down to 115 lbs IIRC, I'll have to dig into my older PMs, but I'm relatively certain it was around that. He'd had a lot of health issues, but I'm not sure what caused this latest issue(s). Far too young to go, with much life left to live and things to do, that's for sure.

I'll miss him.

• I had posted on the ah boards about this but it's worth repeating here. I've been out of touch with the ah crowd since back years ago when I still played. I had no idea about his medical problems, as I had no interactions with him outside of the game.

But it really drives home how fast time flies, and how it waits for no one when someone you knew for years passes. I'm not the religious type, but Im glad he isn't in pain anymore. My condolences to his wife Amy. 😢

• You're right about time passing. For most of us that played Air Warrior (Ack-Ack worked there if I'm not mistaken), that was over thirty years ago.

For me it was Air Warrior for DOS->Confirmed Kill->Warbirds->Aces High. A lot of us made that same journey.

• Like G-Man said, he was a Air warrior and aces high historian. I mean he had such a great memory for events and players. I would be laughing so hard with the stories he would recall. Stuff that I would remember but forgot most of the details and then he would fill it all in. I mean he would know names and the complete situations that happened.

He was a laid-back, easygoing and nice guy.