Garbagezon. Jeff Bozo's Shitopoly.

• Ever buy books from Amazon ? Yeah, the place that started off as a bookstore...

Every time I order books from Amazon, they throw them in a cardboard box that just fits them, and there is no padding or packing whatsoever. They always arrive with the corners smashed in from drops, or the bindings have torn off from various impact. Order 5 large books ? They pack in all 5 of them in an empty box.

That's if they arrive - seems in the last couple of months, at least 50% of them simply get cancelled before they leave the warehouse. Why ? I don't know.

I now return some, at times 3-4 times in a row. If they are damaged (in the least), they go back. Amazon doesn't resell these BTW - they put them in the trash.

Next: The drivers.

It used to be you'd get UPS to deliver - that was a pretty good service actually. Then they started using their own private Amazon fleet - and the service got much worse. Now, they supplement this with private contractors - like some ghetto hood rat in a rusted out jalope, missing hubcaps. Service really went downhill then... and keeps getting worse.

You know who delivers my Amazon packages now ? I'm not kidding.... The Police.

Yes, the local PD now comes door to door *LOUD COP KNOCK* and has your packages. To be fair, they are really nice about it.

They find them in fields or dumped in people's back yards. They come soaking wet/water damaged and all busted up. Apparently the contract drivers (Hood Rats) like to just dump packages wherever and pretend they delivered them. Amazon isn't going after them at all. They could care less.

The PD finds them, delivers them, and then people like me just return them to Amazon. I drop off the soaking mess at drop off points in participating stores like Khols or Whole Foods - I want these corps to feel the pain. I could always drop them off at a Robotic depot, but I like other companies to get angry at Amazon.

Try to reach the complaints dept ? There isn't one. You get a chat window (with great effort), and Babu from Bombay wastes your time spouting corporate replies - best you can get is a refund, or take a chance on another shipment.

It's by far the worst company out there IMHO - and all I see locally is malls closing.

• Not kidding - I was writing this and DING DONG....

Got a GLASS ITEM delivered in a thin vinyl-ette envelope (no padding). The little box it came in is trashed and smashed up - but the glass item didn't break (how I don't know).

Also some DVDs - the cases are shattered but the DVDs look ok. In this case I don't care because I pitch DVD cases and keep them in binders for storage. Yup I prefer media to streaming - you own it for "real".

• Me, if it comes from Amazon proper (the gigantic distribution center) - it always comes without protective packaging anymore.

I know a person who works there actually - it's all Democrat / low income minorities who work there. People who put the minimum effort in life, lose their real jobs, and end up there (the bottom feeder filter of the workforce basically).

They cut every possible corner.

If the stuff comes from small vendors that are Amazon affiliates, it arrives very well padded - to the point of being over protected. It's always packed in scrap boxes or improvised packaging, and absolutely wrapped to the nth degree in packing tape. Getting it out is always a bit of work with a sharp knife - but at least it's bomb proof.

I miss brick and mortar stores, (and love paying cash) - but all of them are closed or going out of business it seems.

Wasn't always like this... 10 years ago Amazon gave stellar service - but they had to compete with local stores then.

• I love Amazon. Super convenient. I often get things same day. Or early next morning.

The drivers are great too, they come inside my porch area, which is fenced off, and place the packages on my doorstep. Never had a package that was not well packed.

I like getting clothes from Amazon too - especially the try before buy option. Shopping for clothes at stores is a giant pain in the cunt.

• I think it comes down to they have a LOT of shitbags working at the Distribution Center here.

There is good opportunity here so it's very hard to find people for those kinds of jobs. It's usually lazy useless fucks who end up there.

That Christkiller needs to step it up and fire people.

• He may be a billionaire, but every morning he has to look himself in the mirror, and see some ugly ass pudgy greasy rat faced shitbag looking motherfucker.

There isn't a single person on earth who likes him. Every relationship he has, it's with his wallet, not him.

...and nothing will ever change that.

• Around here, it's the opposite. A few years back Amazon started hiring contractors to deliver the packages.

The problem was that in all their rush to deliver for the lowest cost, the Contract Deliverees were causing accidents, killing dogs, and running over gramma. Literally. But they were all fly by night LLC's.

So when Grammy got clipped by the "Speedy Delivery" Van delivering Amazon stuff, it wasn't "Speedy Delivery" that got sued. It was Amazon. People knew that if they beat the contractor in court, they'd only get the carpets off of the vans in the settlements. Amazon tried defending themselves, tried pushing the responsibility off on the contractors. But right or wrong, juries were starting to blame Amazon for their contractor's shitty driving. Amazon was getting the judgements levied against them.

So Amazon fired all the contractors and brought everything back in house. At least around here.

• Buddy worked at their warehouse in PA near Allentown, fucked up his back royally. They threw away his complaints, got their doctor to say he was faking, then refused to pay the worker's comp, then refused to pay his medical bills, what a horrible group of people

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• I have had mixed stuff... depends a great deal on who is the shipping source IMHO...

Amazon stuff is USUALLY well protected but some of the other shippers don't appear to much care about their product reaching you in tact...

• Amazon leaves most things in my garage using the key service offered by MyQ door app.

Last month they took a picture of a package in the grass and claimed it was left at the back door. We found it in the mail box.

For the most part they do their job ok. Could be they see the security cameras on the corner of the house and inside the garage. Dunno.