More weakness on Iran from the brain dead moron

• I wasn’t aware of the US being involved in any cargo interdiction missions in regards to Iran and their shipping prior to our coalition patrolling off Yemen.

Additionally is interdiction part of the mission there? Operation Prosperity Guardian says nothing about blockading Yemen, just protecting shipping.

Well we just lost two Seals boarding a ship suspected of carrying Iranian missile parts to the Houthis/Yemen.

Seems like part of the mission to me. Pretty sure they don’t catch them all.

It’s the old problem of them only having to be lucky once.

• Hmmmm. Smuggling rather large missiles and the even larger launching system across multiple countries without being noticed? I dunno, seems unlikely.

Kinda makes you wonder how Iran managed to smuggle irbms and other munitions to the Houthi rebels in the middle of an active conflict between the Saudis, UAE, and the Houthis. Much less how they smuggled Scud C and Ds to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Probably not too difficult to stuff one of these in a cargo ship.

DF15-Diagram-1S.jpg

All I’m saying is Iran has demonstrated the willpower and the ability to evade our strengths and exploit our weaknesses of which underestimating our enemies is one of our biggest.

• They seem to be getting freighters full of missiles to the Houthis despite 20 some ships of the coalition patrolling to prevent that. :dunno

They are perfectly capable of smuggling weapons to Hezbollah and Hamas so Astac's assumption that they wouldn't be able to get merchant ships in range of the U.S. seems kind of ridiculous.

• You guys are almost Hilarious. Complain that Biden is weak, for not doing anything to counter Iran. Then go on to find reasons we shouldn’t do anything. What would be your solution?

No one is looking for reasons why we shouldn't do something. It was pointed out that Iran now has nukes and you said they couldn't hit us with them. Toad then pointed out one possible way they could.

• Kinda makes you wonder how Iran managed to smuggle irbms and other munitions to the Houthi rebels in the middle of an active conflict between the Saudis, UAE, and the Houthis. Much less how they smuggled Scud C and Ds to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Probably not too difficult to stuff one of these in a cargo ship.

DF15-Diagram-1S.jpg

All I’m saying is Iran has demonstrated the willpower and the ability to evade our strengths and exploit our weaknesses of which underestimating our enemies is one of our biggest.

smuggled those past who? Saudi Arabia? Their “Navy” is 3 Frigates and a handful of various corvettes and patrol boats.

Our military doesn’t underestimate our enemies. The problem is with the civilian leadership. More concerned with winning hearts and minds (which hasn’t worked since Korea) and small limited actions than actually achieving any real objectives.

• smuggled those past who? Saudi Arabia? Their “Navy” is 3 Frigates and a handful of various corvettes and patrol boats.

Our military doesn’t underestimate our enemies. The problem is with the civilian leadership. More concerned with winning hearts and minds (which hasn’t worked since Korea) and small limited actions than actually achieving any real objectives.

Lol. Right, we sell our allies, the Saudis and the UAE, a shit ton of systems, train them up, provide support, and when the shit hits the fan we don’t or won’t provide the intel for them to prosecute the conflict successfully.

As far as our military underestimating its enemies just look at Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. The record of the US military since WWII speaks for itself.

• As far as our military underestimating its enemies just look at Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. The record of the US military since WWII speaks for itself.

The politicians lost those wars. One only has to look at the limitations DC put on the military to see that.

Vietnam, except a handful of times, they weren’t allowed to attack the North

Iraq and Afghanistan, victory was declared, attempts to set up new local government and hand them back control took place before the battle was even won. That wasn’t the military that made those calls. If you look at the facts we overran those countries in a matter of a few weeks. The military needed time to take out the pockets of insurgents, but no we handed control over then withdrew the majority of the troops leaving a small force behind.

Korea was not a loss. Not really a win either. The original intent was to push the north back above the 38th Parallel and we did. Yes at one time Truman wanted to reunite the country, but once China got involved he lost interest in fighting war of attrition against an Army that more less had unlimited manpower compared to the relatively small UN force on the ground. So back to the original goal which was to restore the border at the 38th.

• I’m not sure how the army and air farce train. However in my time in the navy the drills we ran multiple times a week while underway (we called them Battle Problems) usually overestimated the strengths. When I was part of my ships Combat System Training Team we would build scenarios that not only used the latest intel, but also included simulated weapons that were rumored to be in development or foreign weapons soon to be procured by the enemy. We also would degrade our own ships systems and increase the ability of the enemy. Forced us to train as if we had one hand tied behind our backs. Our combat data systems are great for building scenarios. You can put in percentages for weapons failure and missed shots. No two scenarios were the same.

To say we underestimate the enemy is a misinformed opinion. Usually made by folks that have no idea what they are talking about.

• Oh bullshit. Macarthur disregarded his own intel and other sources on the Chinese hence got his ass kicked all the way back to Seoul, not Truman. Westmoreland tried to fight a WWII campaign in Vietnam, we ended up with fiascos like Khe San, Hue, the whole Tet Offensive , ad nauseam. We did beat the conventional Iraqi forces but lost to the insurgents. Franks fucked us due to his fear of high casualties in Tora Bora thereby letting OBL escape into Pakistan. So it aint all on the civilian leadership it's also on piss poor military leadership too.

• Oh bullshit. Macarthur disregarded his own intel and other sources on the Chinese hence got his ass kicked all the way back to Seoul, not Truman. Westmoreland tried to fight a WWII campaign in Vietnam, we ended up with fiascos like Khe San, Hue, the whole Tet Offensive , ad nauseam. We did beat the conventional Iraqi forces but lost to the insurgents. Franks fucked us due to his fear of high casualties in Tora Bora thereby letting OBL escape into Pakistan. So it aint all on the civilian leadership it's also on piss poor military leadership too.

I agree about MacArthur but I Disagree about Westmoreland as to Khe San and Hue and the whole tet offensive... I was there... and I remember what happened and how it came to be and it does not seem to be to be as you seem to believe... no opinion on Franks...

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively