Trump gets record number of votes in NH primary - beating Bernie's numbers

• Also, only 51% of voters in this primary were Republican. the rest were independent.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/trump-new-hampshire-record/2024/01/24/id/1150797/

https://www.newsmax.com/us/new-hampshire-primary-gop/2024/01/24/id/1150748/

• The closed primaries don't really get going until March. Until those start, you won't really know how Trump's actually doing. With the open primaries, the Dems can vote for the Rep candidate and skew numbers.

• Nicki Haley is a poison pill. She's not a Natural Born Citizen.

Haley was born Nimarata Nikki Randhawa at Bamberg County Hospital in Bamberg, South Carolina,

How is that not natural born citizenship? Is there some requirement for how long one’s parents have to be here or their immigration status? As long as we hold onto automatic birthright citizenship, anyone born here is a citizen.

• Haley was born Nimarata Nikki Randhawa at Bamberg County Hospital in Bamberg, South Carolina,

How is that not natural born citizenship? Is there some requirement for how long one’s parents have to be here or their immigration status? As long as we hold onto automatic birthright citizenship, anyone born here is a citizen.

It's complicated because it's never been adjudicated. Ever.

But Natural Born Citizens is a special category ABOVE regular citizens that includes having both parents being citizens at the time of the person's birth. The Constitution thought that having an American Citizen born to American Citizens would be the perfect way to prevent outside interference by having a foreigner as a plant.

Since her parents were legal immigrants, but not citizens, she's not a Natural Born Citizen.

But like I said, she's a poison pill. IF she got through the republican nomination process, then the poison kicks in. Democrats would dump the ever loving shit out of her, and get her disqualified.

• That is a minority opinion upon constitutional scholars. Until the constitution is changed to define what a natural born citizen is or the Supreme Court makes a decision either way, the default is going to be born here = natural born.

• That is a minority opinion upon constitutional scholars. Until the constitution is changed to define what a natural born citizen is or the Supreme Court makes a decision either way, the default is going to be born here = natural born.

That's wrong. The base constitutional and legal definition is that because the Constitution doesn't just say "Citizen," it says "Natural Born Citizen," so that Natural Born Citizen is something above and beyond regular citizen. Basically using a new term makes it legally have a different definition. Even if we never got clarification to begin with.

The problem is that any time anyone tried to sue / challenge Obama's status, the court dismissed the case for lack of standing.

But given the Democrats weaponization of the courts, the legal process, the judges and the AG's, you can be fucking certain they'll spike anyone remotely suspect that's not a democrat.

• Presidents with foreign born parent(s):

----------------------------------------------------------

1. Donald Trump

2. Barrack Obama

3. Woodrow Wilson

4. Thomas Jefferson

5. Andrew Jackson.

That said, I think there is a case if the parents were not citizens at the time of the kid's birth (aka Anchor Babies). Me I believe that if you were born in the USA to illegal aliens, visa/greencard holders or foreigners on vacation, that is not a valid citizenship.

It seems to me that was confirmed in the Supreme Court 100+ years ago, but you know those Democrat "lawmakers".

• The term Natural Born is used to differentiate someone actually born here and an immigrant that later earns citizenship. It has nothing to do with parents until it is defined in writing that way either as an amendment or a court ruling.

Any ruling on that matter would keep Dems from running another candidate like Obama too. I’m not sure it’s something they would pursue.

I would certainly like to see it decided once and for all. It would also need to outline the status of American children born to American parents on foreign soil in that regard too.

The ambiguity of many things in the constitution is one of the reasons I think our founding fathers were not the brightest bulbs in the box. The fact they couldn’t conceive that every word would be nit-picked and need constant interpretation was a huge lack of foresight.

• The big cited case basically revolved around whether the child of legal residents became a citizen. It did not cover "Natural Born Citizen," although if he was running for president I'm sure it would have.

The 14th Amendment does not give anchor babies citizenship.

The BIG catch of Obama is that he IS a natural born citizen. Obama Sr. was on his birth certificate, but his father was Frank Marshall Davis.

But you are right about the Ambiguity of the Constitution. The Founding Fathers never once dreamed that the American People would ever be so immoral to subvert and go against the constitution.

• One problem is that language changes over time.

Re: the 2nd, "Well Regulated" means "Good Working Order" ie: well funded and well equipped. Your modern day Leftist interprets that as "Disarmed by Regulations".

• Regulated seems to survive in original form when it comes to clockworks. If you have a mechanical watch for instance, getting it "Regulated" means getting it cleaned/serviced and fine tuned to keep as good of time as the design allows.

It doesn't mean "Watches are now to be Regulated" (sale/ownership of watches is now criminalized).