What do you think Russia is doing with Ukraine?

• The Soviets did the heavy lifting in the defeat of Germany for sure. The rest of the war was pretty much a sideshow to the Eastern Front. However, we should never have let the Soviets continue their insane social experiment for 80 more years.

They don't teach us this in schools here, but you're right, the Western Front was essentially a sideshow to the wholesale slaughter that happened on the Eastern Front. The losses in men and materiel on both sides was yuge.

• Alternate History: After Sea Lion fails to happen, Churchill cuts a deal with Adolph for an armistice. Hitler gives up most of gains in Western Europe and withdraws but wants a free hand to attack Russia without interference.

Too crazy?

Did Hitler Try to Make Peace with Churchill Several Times? | National Vanguard

Imagine that; the rest of the world on the sidelines with buckets of popcorn as the Nazis and the Commies attempted to annihilate each other.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().

• Official Post

That might have worked out pretty well. Lol!

Russia would be gone for sure.

• If what that article says is true, Churchill screwed up. I view it as a missed opportunity.

Kinda funny the Brits are hiding the details of Hitler's final peace offer to Churchill under the Official Secrets Act until 2037.

By then any of us that actually were taught history in school will be dead.

But the population then will still understand WW2.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ">Time Masheen - YouTube

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited 2 times, last by Toad ().

• Official Post

Wow. I just had time to read most of that.

That is very very interesting. It's crazy to think of that going on behind the scenes and what would have happened.

It just goes to show that us peons don't have any clue of what's going on behind the curtain..

And Britain rejecting those offers primarily out of financial reasons?

Just off hand I'm thinking if that happened and Hitler withdrew from most of Europe and then went on to have free reign and Eastern Europe, what would he have done afterwards? They probably really were keeping that in mind. Like it's another form of appeasement?

Then again with Hitler removed from all those areas he had just conquered, Britain could have had time along with France and whoever else to rearm.

Then though the United States might not have been involved and we might not have ramped up as much production as we did. So maybe Germany would be the superpower today.

Wow that's like a totally crazy thing to think about.

• Then though the United States might not have been involved and we might not have ramped up as much production as we did. So maybe Germany would be the superpower today.

Wow that's like a totally crazy thing to think about.

Most likely they would be. With only one front Germany would have beaten Russia back to the stone age. And without a doubt they would have been the first country with "the bomb". It would be a completely different world today.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• Most likely they would be. With only one front Germany would have beaten Russia back to the stone age. And without a doubt they would have been the first country with "the bomb". It would be a completely different world today.

Hell they damn near beat the Soviets even with everything else going on. If they had taken Moscow it would have been over for the commies and to do that, the Germans needed more trucks carrying supplies instead of horse drawn wagons.

• The German army probably had too many trucks. They didn't have enough oil to support a fully mechanized logistics system. In the east, the Germans were totally dependent on the railroad to supply them, and could only mount limited long-range operations away from their rail depots.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• When your grand strategy is zerg... what would you expect?

It's far more complicated than that. I recommend watching this excellent detailed series on the Battle of Stalingrad if you want to learn more.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Most likely, but the danger of accidental exchange of fire is increasing. Someone flies too close to the border, someone else freaks out and pushes a button. Russian SAMs have already shot down a civilian airliner in this conflict. Shit could get out of hand.

• Official Post

I think Putin was bluffing but he didn't get his way. He didn't get any concessions at all so now I'm wondering if he's painted himself into this corner that he will almost have to invade in order to save face?

And like I was saying before, what justification could he possibly have to invade Ukraine?

• Official Post

One of the funniest comebacks from Boroda was when I was telling him about a Russian general who got in a car crash and when he woke up he could only speak English.

I told Boroda that the car crash literally knocked the shit out of him. Boroda said he got brain damage and could only speak the lower languages, lol.