Russia begins invasion of Ukraine - what now?

• I'm shielded from it for the most part because I get all my work mileage reimbursed at 59 cents per mile. That's wear and tear too though, but I'm coming out ahead a little.

I can't imagin what I would do if I were still driving for Uber. I'd be fucked.

i pushed my car to get a smog test, went to have lunch, pushed it back home. just doing my part to stick it to the man.

• for those who believe that one chinese reporter singing kumbaya my lord to russia, here's how you guys follow news. ignore the last 1/2 or just laugh like i do.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• and this are the chinese scammers calling russia

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• and this are the russians right now

• and this is what the oil companies are doing to us

• I have had cancer removed from both legs and in my back. also cancerous polyps in my colon. so please explain to me what cancer is. not even gonna mention the heart attack i had last year.

also joined the marines and picked up a rifle to fight for this country. so do please explain to me how I am a cancer. most of my friends are republicans, we disagree in politics but we all support this country. so please do explain yourself.

• just gonna tell you a little bit about myself. I am a us citizen by birth, but i wasnt born here. I registered as a democrat but i dont vote democrat, I voted for reagan, because i believed in him, i have voted for more republican presidents than democrats. i vote for who i believe is best for the country. I joined the marines because I believe in this country. what I dont believe is dorks like you that follow a cult. that gives me a conflict, but I did join to respect your belief even if I dont agree with it. I could say you are an idiot but I dont say that. I believe that we could disagree but we are all us citizens. what I disagree is both left and right calling each other enemies. we arent, we need each other and if you believe that dems are the enemy then you are wrong just like I believe if dems believe reps are the enemy then they're wrong too. we need each other, if we fight each other then we are fucked. that's what I believe.

we need each other and without each other we are fucked.

• God damn it. I thought the U.S. was pushing for this deal? Now that Poland agrees Biden just pulls his dick out? WTF

U.S. rejects Poland's offer to give it Russian-made fighter jets for Ukraine

WASHINGTON, March 8 (Reuters) - The United States rejected a surprise offer by NATO ally Poland on Tuesday to transfer its Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets to a U.S. base in Germany as a way to replenish Ukraine's air force in its defense against invading Russian forces.

https://www.reuters.com/world/…-jets-ukraine-2022-03-08/

OK, I actually agree with this. To me this was just a way to pull us directly into this shit show. If Poland (or any other nation) want to send fighters that's great.

I did not like the whole "giving us the planes and then we give them to Ukraine". It looked specifically designed to escalate our position in this. No thank you.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• Official Post

God damn it. I thought the U.S. was pushing for this deal? Now that Poland agrees Biden just pulls his dick out? WTF

U.S. rejects Poland's offer to give it Russian-made fighter jets for Ukraine

WASHINGTON, March 8 (Reuters) - The United States rejected a surprise offer by NATO ally Poland on Tuesday to transfer its Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets to a U.S. base in Germany as a way to replenish Ukraine's air force in its defense against invading Russian forces.

https://www.reuters.com/world/…-jets-ukraine-2022-03-08/

That really pisses me off.

• Official Post

Maybe we were trying to drag them in?

It looks like we were the ones negotiating with Poland to have them give up their planes and that we would replace them with US planes. Maybe they decided that if we were asking that that maybe we should just give them.

I think that we should give them the plans. Fuck Russia. We can't give into nuclear blackmail it just let them roll over a country. Given them planes is not directly getting involved.

That's just the way I feel.

• If we want to replace the fighters Poland wants to send no problem. But Poland "giving" them to us and we sending them directly from our base to Ukraine is a no go for me.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• Official Post

If we want to replace the fighters Poland wants to send no problem. But Poland "giving" them to us and we sending them directly from our base to Ukraine is a no go for me.

I was under the impression that the United States was asking these countries to give the fighters up. Remember the green light?

It seems to me as though they turned it around on us. Like fuck you if you want us to give us the fighters we will do it but go through you.

Why were we asking them to give up the fighters if we weren't willing to do something like that?

I don't know I just really pisses me off. I want Ukraine to get the help they need. I don't want to stand by while these people are being slaughtered.