Russia begins invasion of Ukraine - what now?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Official Post

I think this is a pretty good analysis of the possible endgames.

Tell Me How Ukraine Ends - The American Conservative

Whoever wrote that goes against a lot of intelligence sources and actual common sense. And I'm talking about the logistics of the Russians and how poorly they're doing.

There's no way in hell that this war is going the way Russia planned it. That convoy of 40 miles stuck on the road for a week. Yeah, they have no supply issues.

They are also begging China for military and financial support.

The end game is probably correct. Putin is not going to lose. With Biden in charge how can he lose?

But this is going to be a great cost to Russia now and in the future. So I think he loses in the future going forward.

I agree that what Russia has done is unforgivable. If we had a Ronald Reagan in office thrower would have been a conflict and Russia would have backed down.

• The Rooshians have shown they are not supermen. As for the intelligence, all any of us know is what the powers that be choose to tell us.

This guy may be right, wrong or in between on his view of Rooshian capabilities.

I think his view on endgame is probably pretty close.

Ain't nobody going to help the Ukes. Eventually the Ukes have to sue for peace on Rooskie terms.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Putin is taking a page out of Castro's playbook and nationalizing foreign corporations assets.

There is said to be at least 500 jets in this scenario.

External Content twitter.com

• Well... If worse comes to worst I'm sure we'll all be salvaging at the end of this shit show. Or at least scavenging.

• Putin is taking a page out of Castro's playbook and nationalizing foreign corporations assets.

There is said to be at least 500 jets in this scenario.

Really fucking dumb move. It’s not like nationalizing a factory, oilfield, etc. The aircraft he’s seizing all require maintenance training and parts from the various manufacturers of the aircraft. How long are they going to be usable, much less reliable. Just ask Toad how long before the aircraft are hangar queens. Great propaganda, piss poor planning and execution IMHO.

• I believe the engines are connected directly to their manufacturers. There's no reason not to believe that they can't remotely killswitch them. Of course, the Russians could maybe reflash and reprogram them. If they have the know-how.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Really fucking dumb move. It’s not like nationalizing a factory, oilfield, etc. The aircraft he’s seizing all require maintenance training and parts from the various manufacturers of the aircraft. How long are they going to be usable, much less reliable. Just ask Toad how long before the aircraft are hangar queens. Great propaganda, piss poor planning and execution IMHO.

I believe the engines are connected directly to their manufacturers. There's no reason not to believe that they can't remotely killswitch them. Of course, the Russians could maybe reflash and reprogram them. If they have the know-how.

The maintenance issue was my first wonder too. I know next to nothing about what Russia manufactures or if they build airliners.

I know for sure that it hurts the companies who own those actual jets...500 jets taken out of the global fleet is nothing to scoff at...even it they just become "hanger queens".

As far as I know, it didn't cost them anything other than a pen stroke, so, I don't see how it is a dumb move. YMMV

I've read several comments about remote switches or even piloting them. Again I would wager that the real goal is that it is akin to knocking out 500 plus aircraft from the corporate elite fleet without killing a soul in the process.

I don't how big of an impact that makes...but it looks like Vlad is "all in".