America First Political Action Conference

• And then after he did that he begged Saudi Arabia and OPEC to up oil production and they told him to go get bent.

A complete fucking disaster. A fucking dipshit disaster.

Well YAH! What can we expect from a dipshit of the highest caliber? Now the dumbfuck is draining our oil reserves rather than opening the pipeline and leasing Federal lands. It's all a push to get oil prices so high that the unbelieveably inefficient solar and wind get a boost. In fact, Dementia Joe will give you a tax credit to install inefficient power sources.

• When the United States was a net exporter, oil was down in price because of that.

I don't understsand where you are coming from with your statement. Perhaps I am not understanding correctly but the USA was a net exporter in 2020 for the first time since at least the 1940's. The reason we were a net exporter in 2020 was because of Covid and the shut down in the USA which decreased the demand for refined oil in particular. Yes the oil price was down in 2020, but that was because of supply/demand as a result of Covid.

• Official Post

https://www.eia.gov/energyexpl…202020%20than%20in%202019.

The United States was a net total energy exporter in 2019 and 2020

Up to the early 1950s, the United States imported relatively small amounts of energy.1 In the mid-1950s, the United States began to import greater amounts of crude oil and petroleum products (such as gasoline and distillate fuels) to fill the gap between petroleum consumption and domestic production.

Total U.S. annual primary energy net imports (imports minus exports) generally increased in most years since the mid-1950s and reached a record high in 2005, equal to about 30% of total U.S. energy consumption. Since 2005, total annual energy imports have decreased and total energy exports have increased.

The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952 and maintained that position in 2020 even though both total energy production and consumption were lower in 2020 than in 2019.

Total U.S. energy exports exceeded total energy imports by 3.46 quadrillion British thermal units (quads) in 2020, the largest margin on record. U.S. energy exports in 2020 totaled 23.47 quads, and energy imports fell 13% to 20.0 quads, the lowest level since 1992.

• The United States was the number one oil producer. Do you think that's because of covid-19? That happened before covid-19.

Was this question for me? We were talking about exports before this question. Do I think that the US was the #1 producer because of Covid you ask. I would say no. The US has been the #1 producer in the world for some time now.

• I've heard a couple of versions of the net oil story.

one is that the shale oil reserve, discovered in texas, was not the optimum grade and was better served as an export for commercial diesel.

the article insinuated that the 'energy independence' mantra was a little bit of book cooking.

i don'y know how true that is.

I just learned today that the real boon was in the arctic reserve....bigger than saudi arabia.

maybe the elites are planning on saving that for themselves for later?

• Official Post

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/h…ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

I took a screenshot from that link. Because I couldn't copy and paste the table. You can go look at this table. Look how much oil we started producing .

Way more oil than we'd ever produce before. And that started before 2019

The chart is in thousands of barrels per day.

• Official Post

I don't understsand where you are coming from with your statement. Perhaps I am not understanding correctly but the USA was a net exporter in 2020 for the first time since at least the 1940's. The reason we were a net exporter in 2020 was because of Covid and the shut down in the USA which decreased the demand for refined oil in particular. Yes the oil price was down in 2020, but that was because of supply/demand as a result of Covid.

Covid had nothing to do with the price of oil being low. It was low before covid because we had so much oil. We were producing so much oil that it affected world markets.

It was also affecting the price of oil for Russia and killing them.

Surprised you don't understand this.

• https://www.eia.gov/energyexpl…202020%20than%20in%202019.

The United States was a net total energy exporter in 2019 and 2020

Up to the early 1950s, the United States imported relatively small amounts of energy.1 In the mid-1950s, the United States began to import greater amounts of crude oil and petroleum products (such as gasoline and distillate fuels) to fill the gap between petroleum consumption and domestic production.

Total U.S. annual primary energy net imports (imports minus exports) generally increased in most years since the mid-1950s and reached a record high in 2005, equal to about 30% of total U.S. energy consumption. Since 2005, total annual energy imports have decreased and total energy exports have increased. The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952 and maintained that position in 2020 even though both total energy production and consumption were lower in 2020 than in 2019. Total U.S. energy exports exceeded total energy imports by 3.46 quadrillion British thermal units (quads) in 2020, the largest margin on record. U.S. energy exports in 2020 totaled 23.47 quads, and energy imports fell 13% to 20.0 quads, the lowest level since 1992.

Wasn't that because of the increase in conversion from oil and coal to natural gas?

I know gas wells were poppin up everywhere.

"Success in natural gas came first. From 2005, U.S. natural gas production rose for 10 straight years. The previous production record set in 1973 was obliterated as production grew 50% from 2005 to 2015 to reach 27 Tcf. In the process, the U.S. became the world's largest natural gas producer.

There is a simple reason for the surge: fracking. Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing techniques spurred a historic U.S. production boom during the decade that has driven down consumer prices, buoyed the national economy and reshaped geopolitics."

Somewhere after 2015 there was so much Natural Gas that the price dropped so low that all the new drilling stopped. That made Coal uneconomical for new power generation and they have been living on the old power generators ever sense.

A war with Russia would make the NG industry happy....if we survive.

• It actually caused the Peabody Coal mining company to shut down the Black Mesa operation in Northern Arizona.

For decades they had mined the mesa with giant electric draglines that deposited coal onto an electric conveyor belt than ran 13 miles to a set of company owned train tracks where the coal was loaded onto electric trains and hauled to the power plant in Page Az.

What most people don't know is that as well as powering all of the aforementioned equipment and sending electricity for hundreds of miles south, the station also powered a massive, and I mean massive, water pumping station that was tucked away somewhere west of Hwy 89 in the hills. (I have only seen photos).

That pump station sucked water out from the giant aquifer beneath the Navajo Nation and sent it to Phoenix and LA, for a hefty price no doubt.

The coal mining stopped , they buried all the coal and took every scrap of equipment except for the train tracks...the water is now pumped with natural gas and the Navajo and Hopi have had to deepen the wells across the Reservation and start charging it's residents for water for the first time.