My own little conspiracy theory about Putin.

• Official Post

I was just thinking how bizarre this whole situation is but I know that Putin is not irrational and he's very calculating and intelligent.

Is it possible that he has some compromising information about Biden or someone in our government? It seems plausible. Biden hasn't really reacted very sternly against Putin. I mean sure he has enacted the sanctions and all that but does it really hurt Putin, who is worth 200 billion dollars?

I'm thinking that Putin is taking this opportunity for a reason. I think that he knows we are going to do anything of substance that will change the outcome.

Given biden's connections with Ukraine, Hillary's connections with Ukraine, Romney's connections with you Crane, Hunter biden's connections with Ukraine. Something is not adding up.

And this is just my own brainstorming and I'm not saying that this is in any way something that could be backed up. It's just something I'm thinking about because I like to try to figure things out.

What Putin is doing doesn't make sense unless he knows that he is for sure going to get away with this.

Things that go against my little theory are that the rest of the world would not be involved and yet they are. What I mean by that is that if Putin had something on Biden or somebody else in the US, the other countries won't go along just to protect Biden. Would they?

But then again they follow our lead pretty much.

I think that this is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever thought about in my life.

By the way, CNN has really good coverage. What has changed with them? They seem like they are going back to their old school CNN. They have reporters and interviews all the time with people from Ukraine and on the ground in Ukraine.

These Ukrainian women that have been interviewed that I've heard? They are remarkably intelligent and well-spoken. They are calm and discussing the situation and they are in a horrible situation. They are polite and just incredible. I feel so badly for these people.

• I don't see it as Putin against Biden per se. Biden doesn't do any military planning or strategizing. Our military does those things and makes those determinations. If they need approval from the President they will seek and usually get it. Russia is not much different really. I just don't see Putin or Biden doing much or even any strategizing. The are just the public face and mouthpiece for the most part for all the people behind the scenes gathering intelligence and making decisions.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Biden will do whatever his handlers tell him. He's a puppet whos only qualification is being 'not Trump'.

It's a shame. But there are consequences to electing a man like Trump.

So in essence you're saying free elections have consequences?

Asking for a friend.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• I'm saying that when you elect a man like Trump, a clear majority of Americans will vote for a corpse if that's what it takes to get that piece of shit outta office. The Silent Majority has spoken.

And it's funny to me that Trumpsters who sneer at the very idea of democracy are the ones crying that the election didn't go their way.

People who don't respect their fellow Americans' right to vote... ain't gonna get much sympathy from those who do.

• I'm saying that when you elect a man like Trump, a clear majority of Americans will vote for a corpse if that's what it takes to get that piece of shit outta office. The Silent Majority has spoken.

And it's funny to me that Trumpsters who sneer at the very idea of democracy are the ones crying that the election didn't go their way.

People who don't respect their fellow Americans' right to vote... ain't gonna get much sympathy from those who do.

So you are ok with voting for a party that CLEARLY rigged the primary against the guy you supported.

Twice...

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• This is my (most likely incorrect) line of reasoning . . .

1) As Russia was building forces on the border, US intel was being released about it. Almost as if they were trying to create a panic.

2) Biden / West were very specific about the "consequences" of invasion -- sanctions. Never mentioned military intervention.

3) Very shortly after invasion began, US offered to evacuate Zelenskyy (to which he famously replied he needed ammunition, not a ride).

Had Zelenskyy fled, it is not unreasonable to assume Ukraine forces would have collapsed rather than support a government that ran away.

So my belief with completely no other evidence is that all sides wanted Ukraine to collapse quickly. Putin gets more territory and a big win, NATO and EU avoid needing to live up to any kind of commitment that they really didn't want to make in the first place, and Biden / half of the US political establishment find it easier to bury several skeletons in closets about their complicity in Ukrainian corruption should that corruption actually find a way of getting rooted out.

Machiavellians doing as Machiavellians do.

Only their pawn didn't react the way they expected, and now all sides are in damage control. US/NATO can't be seen as having been weak and ineffective (too late), Russia can't be seen as losing (too late), so they are all still skittering about trying to figure out how to get the original plan to still work without their own house of cards being one of the casualties.

And the innocent are caught in the crossfire, as per usual.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• That's an interesting observation.

I'm not sold on the West's narrative that Russia is weak or ineffective...it could be. It could be straight up propaganda or even a possum play by the Russians for some longer agenda.

I don't understand what Zelensky would have to gain by bucking the "plan" if indeed he was supposed to capitulate....unless there are other actors pulling on his strings that are still not clear.

I don't buy that he is a patriot willing to die for Ukraine...but I could totally be off base there too.

• Just had a chat with a friend. He's tied into the Pentagon Puzzle Palace via a 2 star buddy. The MG says that 40 vehicle Rooshian convoy simply ran out of gas.

So much for planning and logistics. Definitely an attack pilots dream, all those vehicles lined up unable to move. Too bad the Ukes had no A-10s.

In comparison he said when the US Army went into Iraq they had enough fuel loaded on tankers for all vehicles to drive all the way to Baghdad before they jumped off. Planning and logistics.

• Just had a chat with a friend. He's tied into the Pentagon Puzzle Palace via a 2 star buddy. The MG says that 40 vehicle Rooshian convoy simply ran out of gas.

So much for planning and logistics. Definitely an attack pilots dream, all those vehicles lined up unable to move. Too bad the Ukes had no A-10s.

In comparison he said when the US Army went into Iraq they had enough fuel loaded on tankers for all vehicles to drive all the way to Baghdad before they jumped off. Planning and logistics.

amazing...wtf?

• Machiavellians don't require their pawns to be aware of the plans, and in fact usually make sure the pawns are ignorant of the true designs. I'm in no way saying Zelenskyy was ever aware of the plans. Most likely exactly the opposite . . . an outsider of the establishment, at least giving lip service to weeding out corruption . . . who knows, he may have been getting close to uncovering something even more damaging than the stories that the establishment are trying to put off as unfounded rumor.

They wanted him to go. They miscalculated how he would react. My $0.03 (see what I did there with inflation?)

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• Machiavellians don't require their pawns to be aware of the plans, and in fact usually make sure the pawns are ignorant of the true designs. I'm in no way saying Zelenskyy was ever aware of the plans. Most likely exactly the opposite . . . an outsider of the establishment, at least giving lip service to weeding out corruption . . . who knows, he may have been getting close to uncovering something even more damaging than the stories that the establishment are trying to put off as unfounded rumor.

They wanted him to go. They miscalculated how he would react. My $0.03 (see what I did there with inflation?)

I spent a little more time thinking about what his motivations might be after I commented.

He has everything to lose if Russian gets what it wants and I imagine there is plenty of dirt on him too on top of what he knows about all the crazy stuff. He is caught in a bad place....like anyone else still living there.

It's quite the drama unfolding....to completely understate things.

• That's one of many reasons why I'm an Independent.

That's not to say I'll ever vote GOP again. Trump has showed their true colors.

I think more so that Trump has caused a huge rift in the Conservative voter base. Even still you have people separating and distancing themselves from him. I think perhaps he had a good thing going early on, but he took the "say whatever you want to get elected" thing too far.

The 2024 election will be very interesting. I don't think the GOP has a choice but to go with Trump. Maybe DeSantis? And, I'm really not sure what the Democrats are going to do. Biden or Kamala clearly aren't the answer.