NATO Estimates 40K Russian Troops Killed, Wounded, Taken Prisoner or Missing

• I think key is to look at the Donbas. If at the end of this Russia still holds on to the two separatist areas, then I'm not sure we could say with confidence that Russia did not accomplish it's original goals.

Knowing that everything said before the final deal goes down is just negotiation, it should be noted that Zelensky's opening position is keeping all of Ukraine in Ukraine. We shall see. I think it's pretty clear Russia did not meet any of its timetable goals for this operation.

From his interview with Brett Baier:

“We do not trade our territory,” Mr Zelensky responded. “The question of territorial integrity and sovereignty is out of discussion.”

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Taking out both lead and trail vehicles is standard ambush tactic to lock down the convoy. Best if it can be done in something like a mountain pass or bridge where there is no room to go around. The day of drone operations is definitely here and means you need AA assets with you constantly.

IMO not only are the russians in the wrong for invading but they are really demonstrating a surprising level of incompetence in military ops, particularly logistics and combined arms.

• You all probably saw that the USMC is getting rid of its tanks. The general reason they gave is that the tanks aren't going to be useful in the Pacific against China. I think they also posited that the advantage is shifting to anti-tank weapons now.

We shall see how that goes.

I do think the Russians are showing bumbling incompetence as Mav said above. Boroda must be beside himself.

• You all probably saw that the USMC is getting rid of its tanks. The general reason they gave is that the tanks aren't going to be useful in the Pacific against China. I think they also posited that the advantage is shifting to anti-tank weapons now.

We shall see how that goes.

I do think the Russians are showing bumbling incompetence as Mav said above. Boroda must be beside himself.

broroda quote

"Ukrainians said "burinig colorads" in Odessa May 2 2014. That's what I mean. Now they all say every Russian should be tortured and killed, especially our children."

"Icompetence?! With casualtues rate 10x1 while Russian Task Force in Ukraine is maybe 2-3 tiles less in manpower than Ukrainian Armed Forces - we are doing more then well. And we fight a biggest and most experienced all-European army."

• IMO people are jumping the gun here declaring victory for Ukraine. Russia is re-grouping and re-prioritizing, and they have vastly more firepower available than what they've used so far. The only restraint IMO is what Putin thinks he can get away with.

But NATO is all in, and while Russia re-groups there are tons of weapons coming in from all over NATO.

I'm still not sure if this is WWIII, but all the signs are there. If Putin uses a tactical nuke, I'm going to buy an American flag and plant a victory garden.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• WTFG Slovakia!

Say what you will about these Russian weapon systems... They are quite impressive in scale, if not in effectivness.

External Content youtu.be

• Most of the time, I would agree with you. However, regarding surface-to-air-missile systems, I'm going to have to disagree.