Russia begins invasion of Ukraine - what now?

• The Russians have complete control over the airspace. They don't have complete air dominance, but certainly air superiority. The Ukrainians can interfere with Russian air operations but have no chance of stopping them. MANPADs are not a threat above 20,000 feet.

In other news, The Ghost of Kyiv may be dead. Colonel Oleksandr Oksanchenko, a legendary Ukrainian fighter pilot known as the Grey Wolf, was killed in combat over his nation’s capital of Kyiv on Friday night, Ukrainian officials have confirmed. Oksanchenko retired from active duty in 2018 but returned to the cockpit to defend his nation as Russia invaded. According to Ukrainian statements, he was shot down and killed by a Russian S-400 air defense system. He was credited with seven air victories.

<S>

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

Edited once, last by GeeEss ().

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Saw that about the Gray Wolf. I think I've mentioned before that quantity has a quality all its own. Rooshins have the quantity for sure.

Blue skies, tailwinds and smooth air to Colonel Oleksandr Oksanchenk.

• Ok I want to be very careful how I write this. THIS IS JUST AN OPINION AND I HAVE NO SPECIAL SOURCES OTHER THAN THE NEWS!

Earlier in this thread I included the possibility that Putin would be assassinated.

I am now updating that to a 50/50 possibility. I am GUESSING that the method will be explosives.

• A Ukranian-born tycoon who made his fortune in oil and gas has been found dead at his Surrey mansion.

Police are treating father-of-three Mikhail Watford’s death as ‘unexplained’, but it is not thought to be suspicious.

The 66-year-old’s body was discovered in the garage of his luxury property on the exclusive Wentworth estate in Virginia Water, Surrey, where homes fetch up to £20 million.

News of Mr Watford’s death emerged on the day Boris Johnson told the Commons that he will publish a full list of people associated with Vladimir Putin’s regime, a significant proportion of whom will face sanctions.

Police were called after the property magnate, who is not among those oligarchs already sanctioned, was found dead at midday on Monday. Yesterday his Estonian wife Jane, 41, posted a photo on social media showing her kissing her husband in the grounds of their mansion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…sh-notification&ci=514849

• Wayne you been hanging out at MSN? Be careful, that stuff will rot your brain. Although it's good to know what your enemies are thinking.

$1 million bounty on Putin offered by Russian businessman (msn.com)

Thanks, I missed that one. The Billionaire Russians did factor into my prediction.

The Billionaire Russians have turned on him. If he lives, he will hunt them down one by one and kill them. The same goes for the leaders of the Military. If he gets away with this you can expect a purge of them as well. All these guys have nothing to lose now.

Including the Russian intelligence community.

• 7LEKjLc.jpg

Yup, going to be some hard decisions to make. Obama's answer to the Chinese

was that pacific trade deal. If it were in place Apple might have already moved.

Apple can afford to write off everything they have in China and create a new place somewhere else but some companies will be wiped out. Chips are going to get hard to get. If this leads to an invasion.

• Yup, going to be some hard decisions to make. Obama's answer to the Chinese

was that pacific trade deal. If it were in place Apple might have already moved.

Apple can afford to write off everything they have in China and create a new place somewhere else but some companies will be wiped out. Chips are going to get hard to get. If this leads to an invasion.

yeah, apparently lots of chips and materials for chips come from ukraine too.

stuff most people never even think about. everything just comes from the store.