How will people sign their names if cursive is no longer taught?

• About 25 years ago there was a move to put thumb prints on checks. There was a square piece of paper about 1 inch square you put your thumb on, it transfer some kind of invisible ink and then you pressed your thumb on the check. It was odd to me because every time you handle a piece of paper you leave finger prints that you can see if you spray the paper with ninhydrin spray and bake the paper a few minuets at the

temperature of the kind of ninhydrin. The finger prints look red and are very sharp.

So don't be sloppy, ware gloves people and don't you hate it when there are witnesses?

:doh

• About 25 years ago there was a move to put thumb prints on checks. There was a square piece of paper about 1 inch square you put your thumb on, it transfer some kind of invisible ink and then you pressed your thumb on the check. It was odd to me because every time you handle a piece of paper you leave finger prints that you can see if you spray the paper with ninhydrin spray and bake the paper a few minuets at the

temperature of the kind of ninhydrin. The finger prints look red and are very sharp.

So don't be sloppy, ware gloves people and don't you hate it when there are witnesses?

:doh

I remember having to thumb print on traveler's checks around that time.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• Went to an auction today and took my 11year old. One of the things I bought was a jail records book from the 1920' into the 30's. It's huge and probably weighs well over 10 pounds. So I'm flipping thru it reading some of the names, charges and sentences. My 11 year old is looking at me like I'm reading hieroglyphics. She asked how I could read it because she couldn't at all.

The book is super interesting. I read on entry where the guy was from Poland, couldn't read or right, and was jailed for 5 days for vagrancy. Then there were 2 people jailed for violating the liquor laws.

The man did 1 day and the woman did 30 days.

It's in excellent shape so I'm going to donate it to the local museum where it's from. But it does bum me out that this younger generation won't be able to read it.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• Official Post

Went to an auction today and took my 11year old. One of the things I bought was a jail records book from the 1920' into the 30's. It's huge and probably weighs well over 10 pounds. So I'm flipping thru it reading some of the names, charges and sentences. My 11 year old is looking at me like I'm reading hieroglyphics. She asked how I could read it because she couldn't at all.

The book is super interesting. I read on entry where the guy was from Poland, couldn't read or right, and was jailed for 5 days for vagrancy. Then there were 2 people jailed for violating the liquor laws.

The man did 1 day and the woman did 30 days.

It's in excellent shape so I'm going to donate it to the local museum where it's from. But it does bum me out that this younger generation won't be able to read it.

What a cool find! Very cool. I'll bet the penmanship was excellent too.

Did you explain was cursive is?

• never in my life have I ever had to use cursive. always thought it was a waste of time of an era that had already ended by the time I went to school beginning in 1970. I can read it and probably write it. it's not a secret code. it's pretty simple, always thought it was for lazy people that didn't feel like lifting their pencil after every letter. this were my words to my teacher. she laughed thought it was funny.

• before you bring up cursive to make fun of kids now. ask yourselves when was the last time you played marbles or invited your friends to go to a park and fly a kite, hell you can even bring beer for that, makes it funner. when was the last time you walked 3 blocks to go to a store. I find it funny how you try to look down on kids. remember the time you couldn't set the time on your vcr? I was a legend in my neighborhood, i could set it in any make back in the 80s

• It’s not looking down on the kids simp. It’s the dumbing down of them caused by your kind that we deride. You clowns have changed the milestone of child development because of your mask idiocy to hide your blatant mistake.

• Ohh and the last time i got together with neighbors? Friday in this little piece of fly over country, 44 of us sat on an overpass waving old glory. I know meaningless, right? Well you'd be wrong. What it did is show there are still a whole lot more people who still love the flag than don't. That observation was plain for everyone to see.