What's New With You?

• So I gave my master his notice and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. I'm suddenly a very important part of the team. They offered me an impressive raise and no weekends. I told them that was unfair to the other plebes... But I told them I would help out a couple of days a week until they felt confident to go on without me. I'm getting old and crotchety and I'm not dealing well with assholes anymore. People are getting meaner and I'm out of patience.. I had a guy who was berating a newbie... I stepped in and and basically dared him to escalate with me. Luckily for both of us he feigned ignorance to the sitch. You just can't be in a public position, doing other's bidding with this sort of attitude and it's just a matter of time before I kick someone's ass or get mine handed to me.

My second oldest has a pretty successful contracting company... follows around behind the utilities and municipalities and fixes curbs, pours concrete, lays asphalt, plants grass, etc... He's paying me quite well to do invoicing for him. It really only takes a couple of hours a couple days a week. There's a steep learning curve and his current invoicing system is pretty chaotic. I'm two weeks in and I can see I've got to overhaul the system. He keeps sending back invoices for revisions. He's been very patient with me but patience runs out.. He's got five crews and each foreman writes up his work differently... Often times sending me a photo in a text of a worksheet from a notepad. This week I'm going to develop an "official" worksheet that they all can use. It's got to make their job easier or they will be reluctant.

What's new with yous guys?

• If you wander onto a beach often the lifeguard station will have advisories posted.

BEWARE OF RIP CURRENTS.

Does that mean you should be in fear?

It does not.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• Official Post

Good for you!

I'll bet the pay increase and the no-weekends was tempting. You know when you know though. When you're done with something.

You're a good man, my friend. You deserve better.

I think you're a natural manager and organizer. You'll do well with the invoicing. Good for you.

I sometimes feel like quitting my job and just taking it easier. I live my job but I long to be at home and puttering around, doing stuff I love.

I'm glad for you, Sluggo.

<3

• The offer of more money and less weekend would irritate the shit out of me. I told my last masters not to bother offering more, it will only piss me off. If I was worth more you should have gave me more before I give my notice.

And the official worksheet is a great idea.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month